DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Best route to VMP from the north
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best route to VMP from the north
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted
Hi Guys,

I'm heading to Virginia from Connecticut.
I haven't been down that way in many years.
Trying to avoid RT 95 as much as I can so I was thinking taking 78 to 81 down to 66 to 17 (going around Washington) to 95.

Thoughts?

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Hi Guys,

Trying to avoid RT 95 as much as I can so I was thinking taking 78 to 81 down to 66 to 17 (going around Washington) to 95.

Thoughts?

Frank, check this out on maps, we take this route!

Take exit 1A (last exit in Delaware) Rt 896 to Middletown
Follow 896 to 301
- After the bridge on RT 301/50/595 take exit 13A to stay on 301 south to Richmond if you want to stay away from RT95/Washington DC traffic

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Hi Guys,

Thoughts?

Frank, check this out on maps, we take this route!

Take exit 1A (last exit in Delaware) Rt 896 to Middletown
Follow 896 to 301
- After the bridge on RT 301/50/595 take exit 13A to stay on 301 south to Richmond if you want to stay away from RT95/Washington DC traffic[/QUOTE
]

I also go this way, less stressful towing with a motor home.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Northerners will feel right at home paying $18 to get out of MD, $36 for 5 axels. Last time I counted there were 56 traffic lights from MD rt 50 to the state line. Some racers on the MD Eastern shore go on down US 13 to the Norfolk area and up 58 to Dinwiddie. Looks longer to me but they claim its quicker because of no traffic. I travel from BWI airport to NC pretty often and the trick is to go down the BW parkway (295) and hit 395 in DC and be at Springfield VA before 7AM if going in the morning OR, same route after 12 noon and get in the HOV lanes South which brings you out below Quantico. Very light traffic before 3 and motor home friendly but you must have an EZ pass.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post