lbs/hr with MFI
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
quote:
Originally posted by 358T:

Naturally Aspirated methanol engines need approximately 1 to 1.1 lb per hour per hp. Generally peak torque is closer to the 1.1 while the peak hp is closer to the 1.

Scott

Scott

you have the numbers reversed, the lowest BSFC numbers occurs at peak torque (or right after).

Joe

Joe,

Yes I see how what I typed is being confused with bsfc. You are and bj are correct that when dynoing an engine the lowest bsfc number happens at peak torque. In my effort to give a little extra insight I didn't word it right.

What I was really trying to show is the relationship of the hi-speed in the mix of things but also answer the question of how many lbs per hr of fuel an alky engine needs. I should have just gave a general answer of 1 to 1.1lb per hour of methanol per hp for naturally aspirated. You agree with that correct?

Scott

Posts: 1838 | Location: Illinois | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a fuel program that I used when I ran a Terminator, 39 nozzles, 4.86 GPM 0-1/2 pump at 4000 rpms, 82 pill, at 7500 rpm's it spits out 1165 lbs/hour and that's 1.13 lbs per HP.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Using the 1.0 – 1.1 numbers gets me the answers to what I wanted to know. Thank You to all that posted.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post