DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    POWERGLIDE COOLER CIRCUIT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POWERGLIDE COOLER CIRCUIT
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted
can anyone post a graph of the cooling line pressure on a run

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
Are you having an engine thrust bearing issue?

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
no just wandering what that pressure would look like,mine doesnt look right to me,but i dont know

1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1415 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Rusty, Steve jr is gone for the weekend, I will have him pull a couple of graphs and either post them here or send them to you in the next couple of days. Not sure where you have your sensor mounted but mine looked really weird when I had the sensor mounted directly in the cooler line. Randy at RPM said it was due to senser seeing too much heat. Once I mounted it remote it looked much better. We also tried a cooler line dump valve for awhile but ended up taking it off

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don’t do anything to that car you might screw something up. If I were winning as much as you I would just say a prayer over it every day!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5316 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Agree!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
lol the car is deffinately much better than the driver.probally wont change much just trying to learn.thanks steve that would be helpfull and no hurry

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Rusty this is from a 6.12@230 pass from Pomona earlier this year. Cooler pressure is blue scale is on the far left. Curser is at the 6.10 mark

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
thanks steve

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Lots of fun info in that graph ! Do you think it lost the wheel speed sensor signal at around 4-1/2 seconds?

I'm assuming all hell breaks loose if you leave higher than 3200?

Crazy jump in trans pressure after the gear change...interesting

That is a loose convertor !!

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4473 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Yes signal from driveshaft sensor skipped a beat. Actually that was my tight stator in the converter. Air was really good in Pomona, 30lbs boost at only 16:1. Fuel Flow meter showing 10.05 GPM at the stripe at 187 psi

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm assuming all hell breaks loose if you leave higher than 3200?

Even leaving at "only" 3200 it still turned the tire a little.
Wild how the belt-driven pump starts putting out instantly

Do you run that convertor to keep the MPH down or is it just happeist with that one?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4473 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
230 MPH on that pass. Has gone 235.70 so no I was not trying to keep the MPH down, just the opposite.
Engine is for sale if you want to go fast

https://www.racingjunk.com/bbc...uns-since-fresh.html

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
230 MPH on that pass. Has gone 235.70 so no I was not trying to keep the MPH down, just the opposite.
Engine is for sale if you want to go fast

https://www.racingjunk.com/bbc...uns-since-fresh.html

Meant no offense...
I have a few friends running TD and we sometimes get on the subject of MPH.....Since NHRA put the ET stops on we figured the TD crowd might start pumping up the MPH for show...we figure that'll just make NHRA cap that also.

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Here's one from our dragster from a couple weeks ago

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Scott Smith

scott is that one measured at the servo?

1.036, 6.16@ 224

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 391T:
Here's one from our dragster from a couple weeks ago

that looks like pump pressure not cooler pressure?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1520 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 391T
posted Hide Post
Yeah sorry that is at the servo

Scott Smith

Posts: 301 | Location: Barbourville, KY | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rusty this is from a 6.12@230 pass from Pomona earlier this year. Cooler pressure is blue scale is on the far left. Curser is at the 6.10 mark

This thing was NOT happy on the shift

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 708 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
quote:

This thing was NOT happy on the shift

looks like a flare on the gear change if you ask me.

------------------------------------------
killer of MT82s
Converter Guy

Posts: 25 | Location: Deland | Registered: December 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post