Notify
Tools

Rear Wheel ?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
According to the direction, you need to trim the bead? I have no experience with beadlocks and no clue what this means.

quote:
"You will need to take a razor knife and trim the flashing off the inner side of the bead. This excess rubber has nowhere to go with our, or anybody else's beadlock assembly."

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SR2010
posted Hide Post
Tim McAmis has a very informative YouTube video about beadlocks. He explains how to mount, how to measure the tire bead, how to measure the beadlock ring gap, etc.

Posts: 21 | Location: Ooltewah, TN | Registered: September 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR2010:
Tim McAmis has a very informative YouTube video about beadlocks. He explains how to mount, how to measure the tire bead, how to measure the beadlock ring gap, etc.

I watched that video prior to having the beadlocks from Neil & Parks installed.

The wheels he had were Welds and the measurements and torque specks he showed are completely different from N&P. I watch him squirt lube all over the beads and use spoons to get the bead over the outer lips and thought “ WTH are you doing”.

I took the widest shoulder of the rim I have which is the rear and easily forced it through the tire. Then with one hand I forced one side of the bead into the center cavity of the rim and with the other hand I pulled the other side of the bead up and over the outer lip. The wheel is now inside the tire. This whole procedure took less than 30 seconds.

The important step that is in the instructions is to trim all the excess rubber from the inner bead with a razor knife which I did as seen in the photo.

I just finished mounting and balancing the tires today and these new beadlocks will allow me to easily change tires, gets rid of rim screws and looks Great.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
Sent these Bogarts out to Neil +Parks last Monday morning for a 2 day trip to their shop. They put the bead locks on the same day (Wednesday) they received them and shipped the following day getting them back tonight one week later. Wow!

These are 15” x 14 wide with 4” offset and clear the MW brake calipers by just over 1/16”. Beautiful welding installation. This was a wise upgrade choice and happy I used Neil + Parks. Thanks for the suggestions.

We have been really pleased with Parks' quality, fast work, and price.

Racing artist!

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post