DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Anyone out there running a pro stock head in .90 racing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone out there running a pro stock head in .90 racing
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Just curious is anyone out there s running a MODERN style pro stock head in .90 racing? Talking DRCE2/3 or 99/06 Hemi stuff? I know there are older pro stock style heads being used but not sure if anyone is trying to run brackets or .90 stuff with a modern set. I woudl be talking about a larger displacement say 550-600" range? Just curious as I'm working on a new project.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
Zero hands on, However in theory I would fear the exhaust would be way too strong to respond consistently coming off of the stop. This providing you are talking about heads that have already been profiled for a 500 ci, 7 – 11K operation range. Obviously starting with raw castings the canvas would be clean to keep that ratio on the lower side and I would vote more for the “why not” .

You could handicap this with less lobe spread than typical for a head application of that design to create a little less blow down, and if you’re going big inches like a MM, it would help, but I feel your stop rpm would still need to be much higher than typical to get a “slip printer”. (dunno)

Rumor – you move back out west?

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Steve Williams runs Brodix’s PB5000 head with a sheet metal manifold and single carb and he runs the fastest n/a MPH in S/C and I believe S/G too, typical by at least a few.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post