DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Lithium Battery for Race Car
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lithium Battery for Race Car
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
I was just curious if XS's lithium batteries are any good. Laughing Hard

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I don't trust lithium batteries at all, and don't really see any benefit over cost either. I haven't had any issues at all with my 16v XS battery, so I'm sticking with it. I just don't see where spending $1000+ for a battery makes any sense...does it do anything better? Nope. It just weighs less and costs more...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Correction Keyboard Racer, ProCharged SBC running 5s. Laughing very hard

2BKING still running 5s with two 12v batteries! Full Moon

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
post the 5 second time slips or STFU!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Another Go lithium user here in multiple cars. Lithium batteries have been on market for decades. If you don't want to use em, just put your phone down permanently.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If my phone catches fire I’ll drop it and watch it burn to ashes, won’t lose a moment of sleep over it. doesn’t work that way with our cars.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Better sleep with it in a fire proof safe then cuz you won't be holding it.

What I am really trying to get at is, as the years have passed the technology has got better. With that they became safer and more reliable. Lithium batteries are in use every day on many levels.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I agree but not enough yet to convince me to run them in my race cars and btw, my phone is turned off at night and not charging.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I agree but not enough yet to convince me to run them in my race cars and btw, my phone is turned off at night and not charging.
Does anybody actually call you….lol…MERRY CHRISTMAS

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
ive been running voltphreaks 16v battery for years with zero issues... noting wrong with them in my opinion...

If I remember right your Dad runs the GoLithium battery?

Yes

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Fabman
posted Hide Post
The two people I know who tried the Go Lithium batteries, neither stuck with them.

The one was a heads up car that had issues and wound up adding a second to help with starting power. The other car was an index car and also had issues. One issue both had was whe. The temps began to drop, the car would be hard to start.

The heads up car changed to a different lithium, the index car changed to the same D1600 that I’ve had good luck with.

The safety factor keeps me from being willing to make the switch. I’m not convinced they have them completely figured out in terms of safety.

Kinda apples to oranges, but how many Tesla fires do you see online?

Hell Dewalt had a zero turn mower catch fire at a show here this year.

Posts: 272 | Location: USA | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by #1 Keyboard Racer:
post the 5 second time slips or STFU!

You plant your Keyboard Racer azz in that Firechicken of yours, grab the lane next to me & I'll show you in person. I would place a wager, but you're a Welcher. Until then, you HAVE A NICE BIG CUP OF STFU!

As for the batteries, 1 or 2 good old 12v batteries work just fine for bracket racing.

2BKING just for ED.

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No one with a clue is surprised you didn’t post a 5 second time slip because you have yet to run a 5 second pass just as no one is surprised you didn’t post a big $ win check or Wally because you don’t have those either. So again loser shut up, show up and line up your POS with me 1st round for no less than $5k at Galot or Columbus Fling neither of which have a bottom bulb race. Now we wait for more of your pathetic excuses. Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Wrong

All proven by my rules or seen in person by DRR/Guest members. I don't have to prove anything to you. I'll send the proof in PM to a DRR member of my choice. You can beg your Daddy to snoop in my PMs as you've done in the past. Yep, you can keep kissing one of my Wally's azz, but you know that; you got the view I wanted to show you, the back side of Wally next to my Spring Fling Million Pro 32 hat. Laughing very hard

I'll send it to Mike English. NahNahTounge

2BKING running consistent 5s with 2 12v batteries! Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
as expected, you fool no one here with your lies and pathetic excuses loser. I look forward to the day Pete drops the bottom bulb race which you have typically gone no more than a few rounds and several times a 1st round runner up. Laughing Hard

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
So again loser shut up, show up and line up your POS with me 1st round for no less than $5k at Galot or Columbus Fling neither of which have a bottom bulb race. Now we wait for more of your pathetic excuses. Laughing very hard

1st, you are a Welcher & YOU DON'T RACE, hence the Keyboard Racer! Laughing very hard

2nd, Columbus Fling has a Pro 48 (48 no-box drivers)! You are a special kind of CLUELESS, that's why you're the #1 Keyboard Racer.

Let's hear your lame pathetic excuses! BlahBlah

2BKING I have the POWER. Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
as expected, you fool no one here with your lies and pathetic excuses loser. I look forward to the day Pete drops the bottom bulb race which you have typically gone no more than a few rounds and several times a 1st round runner up. Laughing Hard

Your special kind of stupid again, that's why Pete added bottom bulb races to the Columbus Fling!

Plus, Pete & I had a brief chat while I was picking up my checks one year. He wasn't there the other years while picking them up.

Hear comes more of your keyboard cluelessness. BlahBlah

2BKING Cool

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
round money BFD. you still ain't won that race after trying for years, not even close!

so now you've got no excuse to shut up, show up and race me 1st round for no less than $5k. after I embarrass you, you can go back and get your azz handed to you in the bottom bulb race. Now what's your excuse loser?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
So again loser shut up, show up and line up your POS with me 1st round for no less than $5k at Galot or Columbus Fling neither of which have a bottom bulb race. Now we wait for more of your pathetic excuses. Laughing very hard

1st, you are a Welcher & YOU DON'T RACE, hence the Keyboard Racer! Laughing very hard

2nd, Columbus Fling has a Pro 48 (48 no-box drivers)! You are a special kind of CLUELESS, that's why you're the #1 Keyboard Racer.

Let's hear your lame pathetic excuses! BlahBlah

2BKING I have the POWER. Big Grin

#1 Keyboard Racer, what part of you being a Welcher, don't you understand. You're a special kind of Clueless, I'm not set-up for top bulb same as your Firechicken is not set-up for bottom bulb. Stick to your MONKEY...SEE...MONKEY...DO...T/F... HEADSETS talking to yourself.

2BKING still has the POWER! Big Grin

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

Your special kind of stupid again, that's why Pete added bottom bulb races to the Columbus Fling!

Plus, Pete & I had a brief chat while I was picking up my checks one year. He wasn't there the other years while picking them up.

Hear comes more of your keyboard cluelessness. BlahBlah

2BKING Cool

TTT for your cluelessness! Laughing very hard

2BKING has the POWER! Full Moon

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436