DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    STUCK METERING BLOCS /Removal...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

STUCK METERING BLOCS /Removal...
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Whats the best way to remove stuck metering blocks on a Holley 4150

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
1. dead blow hammer

2. gasket removal spray/wd-40

3. tap a gasket scraper/putty knife in between the metering block and body

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
What Ed said but carefully!!

Posts: 2423 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
These work good for cleaning delicate surfaces & they can be used like Ed's #3 suggestion. We used them for aircraft maintenance as mentioned.

https://skygeek.com/semco-2343...1bc567cce63b6bb26f58

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you have to use a scraper or any device to release the metering block be aware there are fine ridges that act as dams to prevent fuel leaking across the metering block surface. Once damaged the metering block sealing is compromised rendering it possibly useless.

Just be very careful. If you destroy that seal the other dam(n) will enter the conversation.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I kept the edge of the thin scraper close to the edge of the metering block seemed with a little work it broke them loose.

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
One way to prevent this from happening again is to apply a very light coat of anti-seize to the new gaskets when you re-assemble the carb.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I use Pam Cooking Spray (original) works great for me!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I used to use chapstick.

2BKING many different ways to make it happen.

Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
baby powder works also

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post