DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Bathroom package trailer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bathroom package trailer
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted
Was asking about Bathroom package trailer and was told that if you order a new one it would take up to a year for delivery.

Question is can the bathroom package be added to existing trailer relatively easy?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
The guys next door did a new install on a 48' with an Alcohol car. I just talked to him. He stated the issue they had was getting the toilet correctly over the black water tank due to the cross member placement. He had to have a pump to pump waist to a remote tank. By the time he was done with shower, he figured about 7K. He stated finding the correct width tanks going between the crossmembers. A little chore. In his case he had to have a toilet made for a boat setup. Odd setup. I will try to get some pics from him.

'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Cool, I am not sure I want to take on that project but will keep my eyes open for one that better fits my needs.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 34' Haulmark with a bathroom package from Phil's Trailer Sales. I gave them a 4-6 month window for delivery. I think it will be closer to 8 months. Frown

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I thought i saw alot of the continental cargos on right trailer sales website.They had the bathroom package

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Check out LB Trailers in AR, not sure what ya want or budget but they have a few in stock.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I ordered a vintage living quarters trailer with bathroom in oct, it is due to be finished in about a month, I think the wait is about 18 weeks if ordered now,

Posts: 2 | Location: lakewood ca | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of PineApple Express Racing
posted Hide Post
Well I got a 48 foot GN trailer. It was a completely empty and oil soaked floors. Living in Vegas the first was to set up a living area that was consistent with the wife. Also to keep the AC area reasonable so it would keep cold. I started by removing the walls and floors. I installed 4 x 8 foam sheets 2" for the ceilings and 3/4 for the walls. I also contacted PACE and talked to their engineer while designing the plumbing systems. I knew AI had to set the black water tank and commode. That would determine the tank position as well as the commode as it has to drop into the tank. Many things to consider is floor joist and depth of tank and a reasonable gallons held. I found a tank supplier that had tanks in various sizes. After talking with PACE engineer she recommended that I use a 2 inch angle iron to support the joist. Especially where a car or golf cart would sit. Under the bathroom I didn't add a 2 inch angle as there was only foot traffic. I have various pictures of lots of things I did to my trailer. Most was done off season but the living and bathroom was the first installed. I did also install water tanks. I first used green corrugated hose like normal RV uses. That was a total failure. The hose and fittings are metric and the fittings wont tighten up. It was also a leaking type of hose as it deteriorates just looking at it. I also sleeved it where it crossed the floor joist. I ripped it all out and used reinforced hoses and never looked back All US standard ID and fittings. Not to make this too long look at the link.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FXtej6wJpbin3WP98

Posts: 113 | Location: Las Vegas USA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Pineapple! That is awesome! I am really impressed you took an older trailer and converted it to living quarters and fixed it up.
Several things. Obviously a lot of work but you did it, you designed it and made it happen. I am impressed and you should be proud of it. Get to put cabinets and everything right where you want it.

To me that is so much better than writing a check. One thing that does look concerning is does not look like you have a lot of ground clearance under there?

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very nice job!!! That was a hell of a project!

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of PineApple Express Racing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Pineapple! That is awesome! I am really impressed you took an older trailer and converted it to living quarters and fixed it up.
Several things. Obviously a lot of work but you did it, you designed it and made it happen. I am impressed and you should be proud of it. Get to put cabinets and everything right where you want it.

To me that is so much better than writing a check. One thing that does look concerning is does not look like you have a lot of ground clearance under there?

True that the space is ground limited. Per PACE all clearances are to be based running a string line from the front tire where it meets the ground to the front of the trailer. Anything below is a violation and above passes. Now as to the reality of the water holding tanks (White ones) if you look close there is 1/4 plywood on 3 sides, the bottom, the front and the rear. One thing is to stop the tank from bellying and the uni-strut will provide impact resistance. I will not intentional run over alligators (Tire threads from trucks) but rather try and go around or off to one side. So far its been good results.

Chuck
PAE

Yes I built it over time and I sent PACE all the pictures and they thought it was a better product than they could have produced. I have pride in that. I also know where everything is at and should be able to repair it over the road too. My DC pump has a floor access and under the trailer close to the edge wall. The propane line is black pipe just like homes and the air line is galvanized pipe. All DC wiring is direct burial cables and the AC wiring is type MC cables. I also have LED gauges to monitor my active loads on the entire trailer. AC on weach phase as well as DC values.

Posts: 113 | Location: Las Vegas USA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post