DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    BBC ATI Balancer stuck on crankshaft
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BBC ATI Balancer stuck on crankshaft
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would be interested in this. I've never got a clear answer (not that there is one) when a forged is actually needed in a drag race application. Yes, everyone wants a winberg for their bracket car, but is it needed

I've run several cast crank 406 engines, and one forged crank 355, a stock GM cast broke after countless runs in my car, I got it used from a dirt late model, the forged crank broke identical, after I had about 250 runs on it. It was used with no documented run count. Not a scuff on a bearing in either engine, nothing came out of the pan, just broke at the 5/6 throw.

They all look the same when you run over them.

My other cast cranks were nicely prepped vintage late '90's Lunati units.

But for a bracket engine, forged really isn't necessary.

My next build will probably be with a forged Crower, just to have one that is USA sourced. Heirloom piece for the grandkids.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1676 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post