DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    AN line and fittings
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AN line and fittings
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Lucky guess!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Anyone else use ptfe?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Anyone else use ptfe?

I used the PTFE on my transmission lines and they have worked well. I think they are not as flexible and can kink and crack if they are bent too much. But they seem to be more durable and easier to put the ends on than the other hose.
If they are relatively straight lines I would not hesitate to use them on fuel or oil lines to.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Anyone else use ptfe?

I used the PTFE on my transmission lines and they have worked well. I think they are not as flexible and can kink and crack if they are bent too much. But they seem to be more durable and easier to put the ends on than the other hose.
If they are relatively straight lines I would not hesitate to use them on fuel or oil lines to.

First time I put them together I thought I must be doing it wrong. It can't be this easy. I have only done -4 and -6 thus far. But I'm going to have a -16 fuel line to make shortly. I have to think that vacuum lines would be perfect for this since it is resistant to collapse.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Bucky, I agree it should work quite well for vacuum hose. Not sure how cost effective it would be for that. I think it is more durable as long as it does not get kinked or bent too much.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4005 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
it was just for thought, i have a pump if i had the head and die it would be easy enough.i also have another hyd electrical crimper that should work ,just wont go large

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1410 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I'm guessing Seabass works for one of the Bells.
Splicing is very time consuming!
A damaged 100 pair cable is 400 splices. Now imagine a 3200 pair cable.

And back some time ago.... 1500 pair pulp covered copper. Hand crimp beanies, then the latest state of the art, pneumatic crimpers. Woo hoo.
Oh and by the way, make your own lead splice cases, and pour your own end caps at the yard.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I'm guessing Seabass works for one of the Bells.
Splicing is very time consuming!
A damaged 100 pair cable is 400 splices. Now imagine a 3200 pair cable.

And back some time ago.... 1500 pair pulp covered copper. Hand crimp beanies, then the latest state of the art, pneumatic crimpers. Woo hoo.
Oh and by the way, make your own lead splice cases, and pour your own end caps at the yard.

well before my time

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1516 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
I put Aeroquip black on my 2017 on everything but the brakes, and only reason that was is because the car came with an off brand black hose and fittings. The aeroquip stuff is still as good as new. The off brand stuff has turned gold on the fittings. I normally and a scrooge ******* when it comes to saving money on things "that dont really matter", glad i spent the money on the good stuff, i might have been pissed after spending 1000+ on plumbing and for it to look like **** after 3 seasons.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 705 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post