DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Question about head swap
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about head swap
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a 408W
AFR 185 Heads
12.8:1 Compression
Hydraulic roller 244/250 @50 600/600 lift
Has been a best of 6.51 in the 1/8th. Everyone says the heads are way too small and if I were to swap to a set of AFR 205's it would pick up a bunch.
Just curious how much do you think it will pick up.

Posts: 26 | Location: va | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Head swap like that my also need a converter stall change but might be worth up to .2/10s

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a 408W

Trap RPM is a valid parameter. Have to be spinning it fast enough to utilize the increased port volume / velocity.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
AFR's are slow, put something fast on it like a Brodix.

<<< Out of the box, Brodix are the fastest on the planet, conventional 23 degree sbc anyway. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Everyone knows by now surely, AFR's you'll need a baby blower and a light car to keep up with a out of the box Brodix T1 233. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post