Find
Notify
Tools

-5 Race gloves
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted
What is everyone using now? I have used the DJ Safety for a few years but they are pretty frazzled and they aren't available now. I have looked at the Sparco Land+, Impact G6, Pro 1 and Crow although my guess is Crow is the exact same as G Force.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Sparco HTX

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My old G-Force gloves were great. I had some Oakley gloves that were the schizzle but they were a little too small. Wife bought me some new G-Force, they're coming apart already. Might try Simpson next time?? Who knows with nearly everything built overseas.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5328 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Sparco

They were already top of my list. Is Kyle using the Land, the newer version Land+ or a different glove?

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
HTX

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Pro 1, They are really nice and comfortable.
https://pro1safety.com/Pro-1-S...ble-Nomex-Gloves.htm

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Pro 1, They are really nice and comfortable.
https://pro1safety.com/Pro-1-S...ble-Nomex-Gloves.htm

I've looked at them but they just look cheap to me and my guess is like their suits are made in Pakistan.

I'll probably go with Sparco since both my suits are Sparco. I just need to decide if I go with gloves like the Tide with HTX pad or the Land + with a silicone pad. I am leaning toward the Tide.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:

I've looked at them but they just look cheap to me and my guess is like their suits are made in Pakistan.

I agree Tony and you surely opened some eyes here with that enlightening statement, others don’t care about nothing but price.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm on my second pair of GForce gloves and they will be my last. Started getting holes in the fingers after just one season. New ones are coming apart on the seams.. Never again.

Same for their helmets. When I first got my old dragster I got a GForce helmet. Fit was good, but nothing like my current Impact. Was at the track, parked in the gravel. Helmet was sitting on top of my cage and I accidentally bumped it and it fell off. Helmet cracked nearly in half and ended my day. I bought the Impact I have now and never looked back.

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1513 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I'm on my second pair of GForce gloves and they will be my last. Started getting holes in the fingers after just one season. New ones are coming apart on the seams.. Never again.

Same for their helmets. When I first got my old dragster I got a GForce helmet. Fit was good, but nothing like my current Impact. Was at the track, parked in the gravel. Helmet was sitting on top of my cage and I accidentally bumped it and it fell off. Helmet cracked nearly in half and ended my day. I bought the Impact I have now and never looked back.

I bought G Force gloves when I first started racing many years ago but would go through multiple pairs a year. If you look at Crow gloves, they look exactly the same and more than likely are. I ordered the Sparco Tide gloves from Biondo yesterday, more money but I am sure they are top quality just like their suits.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tony, good choice, you’ll be happy.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
Plan for next year is to replace my current fire suit with a sparco instead of another recert. I like the lighter weight of the sparco. I'll get their gloves as well.

I don't plan to race very much this year so not a big deal for now...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1513 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If they are like the impact be careful with the pin stripping. I smeared the white pin stripping by brushing the header slightly when taking a plug reading at the end of the track.

Made a cool pattern on the chrome header also!

Posts: 559 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Agree with Ed on this one. Years ago I had to get a new suit, gloves etc. Sparco was expensive but I also am afraid of fire, made the purchase and never looked back. The quality is great and customer service is acceptable. Shoes and helmet are Simpson, only because of fit. Still quality stuff.

Posts: 701 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Agree with Ed on this one. Years ago I had to get a new suit, gloves etc. Sparco was expensive but I also am afraid of fire, made the purchase and never looked back. The quality is great and customer service is acceptable. Shoes and helmet are Simpson, only because of fit. Still quality stuff.

There is only one option for a suit IMO and that is Sparco, I have a -5 and a -15

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same as my son

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is only one option for a suit IMO and that is Sparco, I have a -5 and a -15

Their suits are nice but the zippers SUCK THE BIG ONE. The zippers failed on the jacket and pants on both my -5 and after 1 season on my lightweight -15

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Sparco zippers are not nearly as good as their suits. I agree with Big Steve.

Posts: 87 | Location: Abilene, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

my pro 1 is better then my sparcos ever were... so far anyway , and lighter

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1543 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Fire suits are a fashion accessory until they’re not then they are the only thing beteeen you burning and death. Lighter weight also means less protection and no way I’m wearing nor my son a suit made in Pakistan. Neither of our Sparco suits have zipper issues and the -15 was purchased at the beginning of 2014.