Picture of smashm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Agree with Ed on this one. Years ago I had to get a new suit, gloves etc. Sparco was expensive but I also am afraid of fire, made the purchase and never looked back. The quality is great and customer service is acceptable. Shoes and helmet are Simpson, only because of fit. Still quality stuff.

There is only one option for a suit IMO and that is Sparco, I have a -5 and a -15

Their suits are nice but the zippers SUCK THE BIG ONE. The zippers failed on the jacket and pants on both my -5 and after 1 season on my lightweight -15

I wholeheartedly agree on the zippers. I keep a chapstick around & lube the zipper with it. Works so much better. It's on my Sparco 15 suit.

Posts: 68 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Zipper-...a-606028747672&psc=1

Zipper wax will help. My grandmother use to use it all the time for winter coats and my snow suits. Makes zippers last a lot longer.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
For the $1300 I spent for a Sparco -15 suit it should have a much better zipper that does not require wax or chapstick for it to function properly. When I contacted Biondo I was told to take it to a local seamstress and have it replaced, I did and had them install a HD zipper and never had a problem since

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Agreed and good to know

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the $1300 I spent for a Sparco -15 suit it should have a much better zipper that does not require wax or chapstick for it to function properly. When I contacted Biondo I was told to take it to a local seamstress and have it replaced, I did and had them install a HD zipper and never had a problem since

^^^ This..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3336 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

my pro 1 is better then my sparcos ever were... so far anyway , and lighter

I like my Sparco -5 Sport light pro suit a lot. It’s at least 5 years old now and is holding up good, no zipper issues so far, knock on wood. My wife has one as well and likes it.

When I was looking for a -15 I first looked at the Sparcos. They are very stiff and want to stand up on their own, when I tried to fold it it wouldn’t sit flat. The Pro 1 is much softer and folds flat like it should.

Perhaps Ed can find a suit made in Korea that his kid can wear when he’s driving his Korean Kia… Big Grin

Posts: 736 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Proudly built by Americans in West Point Georgia, USA at a 1.8 billion dollar facility paid for with US currency, on 2200 acres of US soil that created more than 14,000 jobs for hard working Americans, that produce 340,000 vehicles a year, operating 24/7 including my son’s K5 GT-Line Spitting

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:

You also voided the SFI tag when you did that. Are you certain that they used NOMEX thread? If not, how happy would you be if your suit opened up in a fire? Not,,, I'm guessing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
The brown truck just showed up with my Sparco Tide gloves. They are really nice and much lighter than I expected. Pricey but it looks like they are worth it.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nomex thread is available in several places. Pegasus Auto Racing for one, they even have different colors.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5328 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post