DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Enderle Inj. Primer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enderle Inj. Primer
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Need some help guys & gals. Have an Enderle hat {bird} on a 540 bbc in my altered. Getting old using a squirt bottle with racing gas to start it. very challenging in the morning and in the staging lanes. Looking into a primer system. What are your thoughts on the the ones on the market? Some info: 540 bbc,Enderle bird on an Edelbrock tunnel ram, Mallory Mag, Water in block {no cooling system} No charging system, on Alky, Towed to the lanes, and back to the pit. What system do you like? Thank You for your input.

Posts: 39 | Location: so. ca. | Registered: June 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I have a blower but this is what I have and should work for you just the same. I have a Rons primers system with a 1qt tank and drilled a hole in the front in the plate under the hat and installed a straight nozzle body and a .050 nozzle. I turn it on for a few secs before spinning the engine over and leave it on for a few seconds once the engine starts. It sprays gas straight back over the rotors, in your case the manifold acting the same as a squirt bottle and works extremely well.
Hope this helps

The nozzle

The tank and pump with a solenoid

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had a 540 with a enderle bird catcher. I drilled and tapped the spacer and installed a nozzle and jet to prime the engine. Just like the rons system, it used a small pump, fuel cell, and a button to prime it. It wouldn't run like the primer plus system but it made it a lot easier to start. Killer Rons has a primer plus plate system for the enderle setup. If it works like it does on their systems, it's the best investment you'll make. I run my car on pump gas everywhere except on the track. It works.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
on my primer we welded a bung on the side of the fuel tank into a small electrc pump then a hose up to base of the hat.this way you don't need any external tank

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
with a hat you simply have few extra holes already not in use,most have nozzles in runner.Just use one or two of them,spray up at angle to fill incoming air with fuel. Simple as can be. Getting jet that works like you want is only trick to it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4195 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for responding and especially Steve for posting your pictures. I really like your Rons set-up! Very clean and simple. Ozzie.

Posts: 39 | Location: so. ca. | Registered: June 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7065comp:
Thank you guys for responding and especially Steve for posting your pictures. I really like your Rons set-up! Very clean and simple. Ozzie.

Your welcome, very simple and works very well. If you get the Rons deal, just make sure you only get the tank, pump and solenoid, don't get the the whole system with the plate.

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 23taltered
posted Hide Post
I have an injected 555 in my altered. I installed a Holley blue pump with a 2 psi check valve between it and the distribution block. I push a momentary button on the dash, open the throttle blades for a second, and fire it up while pushing the button with the throttle blades closed. . I can hear the fuel fill the lines and squirt through the nozzles. It takes two tries once in a while, but works great.
The only time I prime it with gas, is when it's below about 55 deg, and then it's only for the first start-up of the day. If I need to put heat in the engine, I pull the fuel shut-ff until the EGT comes up to about 800-1000 deg, and it warms up like it's on gas.

Bill Huntington
GZMOTORSPORTS.com

gzmotorsports.com/video/PRI2010.wmv

Posts: 163 | Location: Northern Cal | Registered: January 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
I drilled and tapped a hole in the center of the tunnel ram. Installed a NOS nozzle facing upward so it sprays against the top wall and uses a small jet. NOS fuel solenoid, 1 quart fuel cell and one of those small square block fuel pumps.

Everyone's starting procedure is a little different. I like to spin the engine over before hitting the fuel prime button.

Never need to use it once the engine has a bit of heat in it but sure need it on those cold engine starts.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1353 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post