DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Water Temp / Alcohol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Water Temp / Alcohol
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Al and Greg.

Ron there was no significant air change and probably in the mid 60's. In the final round on Thursday it was in the mid 40's. I'd have to double check my racepak but I'm pretty sure my enhancer is at 2200ish and my enhancer time is set to 1.15.

I found nothing mechanically wrong with the car so I guess I'm going inopportune time for a freak stumble till it happens again.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 469 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ActionRacingPhotos:

Ron there was no significant air change and probably in the mid 60's. In the final round on Thursday it was in the mid 40's. I'd have to double check my racepak but I'm pretty sure my enhancer is at 2200ish and my enhancer time is set to 1.15.

I found nothing mechanically wrong with the car so I guess I'm going inopportune time for a freak stumble till it happens again.

There's a couple good suggestions in here based on the principles for you to get out in front of this happening again you may have overlooked, not sure but they will fix this problem from happening again

Mark the carb guys suggestion of adjusting your starting line temperature, which I'm pretty sure he assumes as I do, your starting line temp is based around your stumble temperature.

The other suggestion is adjust the stumble out of it with the lean out open, or as far open as you can get it no stumble.

Another would be to adjust the stumble out of it 20 degrees below the temperature you typically now stage.

Good luck.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Had the same thing happen on Race Gas when double entered last month. It wasn't the air temp. Stumbled 2nd round with 1st entry. Went 5 sizes bigger with the squirter and stumbled again. Wouldn't stumble in the pits or burnout. Waited 3 hours and made a test pass and didn't stumble with the smaller squirters back in it. Really lost at what caused it to stumble when hot lapping it. Dragster, BBC, fuel cell and whole fuel system is away from radiator.

Posts: 33 | Location: Hooters | Registered: February 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Ciglar:
quote:

Motor definitely wasn't cold and had no issues down into the 40s at the same race. Really sucked having it show up in the final round.

Heating the fuel could be a possibility. Fuel tank is behind the seat and my fuel filter sits directly below the radiator.

I've had that happen a time or two and Al's right, it was after a nighttime temp drop with much cooler/denser air and in my case would create a leaner barrel valve mixture, my solution was to forget about the old "I hardly use any fuel when I set my barrel valve real lean" statement and make sure my BV was biased rich (or with a carb turning the idle mixture screws out a tad more) about 1 degree of increased engine temp with car in gear about every 30-45 seconds with fan off, raise the staged "on the enhancer" rpm to 2200 (I'd bump it on before staging and work the throttle to get in and mat it after I let go) and extend the TB/Enhancer release time to 1.1 second (which makes sure the converter reaches the same stall every time) instead of the programmed .8 (timer will say 11.11) that Digital Delay boxes come with.

Very informative. Now quit lurking on here, come out of retirement and get your ass to the track.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post