DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Factory Tach Rebuild
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory Tach Rebuild
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
The tach in my 67 RS SS Camaro has not worked since I purchased the car. I now have a pertronix ignition system and want to get the tach rebuilt so it will work with the ignition. Who does this?

Posts: 51 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One of these wouldn't work with a Petronix ignition?

https://www.classicindustries....o/parts/6468911.html

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I now have a pertronix ignition system and want to get the tach rebuilt so it will work with the ignition. Who does this?

I just ran into a problem with a factory Buick hood tach, it worked fine with a MSD 6A and now does not work with a new 6AL digital. Called MSD a few times with no luck. Wirings fine as an old Sun super tach works, but not the factory tach ??? You should have no problem with your Pertronix though, I've used those with factory tachs in the past. Just buy a repop tach like recommended and you'll be up and running .

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Seems like I had to get one of these for a '69 I was working on.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8920

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1661 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
My 69 camaro factory tach has worked fine for years off of a old msd6al, and now with a digital 6. I bought the tach adapter years ago, but never used or needed it. I have the tach adapter if anyone needs one...cheap.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post