DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Powdercoating over Chrome?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powdercoating over Chrome?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of popper
posted
Got what might be a stupid question but is there a process to powdercoat over chrome? Can they rough up or remove the chrome to do it? I have a March belt system and I'd like to powdercoat the brackets black.

Thank you for any help.
popper

Posts: 229 | Location: Kingston, Illinois | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You can powder over chrome as long as it’s not flaking. Prep needs to be a blasted finish, like it’s frosted. Need surface adhesion. I’ve done it many times

Posts: 58 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Not to hijack, but anyone have any tricks to stripping the chrome if it is flaking?

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
B-15 stripper

Posts: 58 | Location: st louis mo | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes you can I had my wheelie bars powder coated that were chrome a few years ago still look great

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post