Notify
Tools

Leak Down Test
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
If I’ve figured correctly we have 97 * overlap.
That’s on the 636 and 650 motors.

If you are referring to over pal at 50, check again!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
It is an Oakley engine and he won't give much info on cam specs.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The longer the rod the longer the piston sits (duell time) at TDC

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes correct that was adv. .050 is 63.5

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4506 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Message sent

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4506 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Not saying anything wrong with most of the info being passed along in this thread but I also feel a simple leak down test is being over complicated too

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how we got into the weeds of camshaft overlap etc.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Originally posted by inferno camaro:
I never use to remove my rockers but really struggle to get this one not to turn when putting air to it. What procedure do you use to get it TDC on each cylinder?
I turn it over until both rockers are loose (seems tough to do with large overlap cam)

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Kind of wondering what cam has to do with leak test period.

I ahve done leak test 2 ways. Piston TDC which is harder to hit perfect. I have also pulled rockers a just thro the air to cylinder. First check ring seal at tdc and second at bottom. I figure if both are good the cylinder has to be pretty close to perfectly round and rings are good.

It is not rocket science just air in and if it comes out you will hear where leak is.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Don't put more than 100 psi, or less than 60 psi into the cylinder, to ease the process.

I bring #1 to TDC firing position, check, move crank 90 degrees, moving through the firing order.
I always rap the valves while the air is on to check seats.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post