DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Electric dragster
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
quote:
Facts!
I think EV's make no sense....none. They are an answer to nothing. And they are completely queer. But to each their own.

Bucky...No EV of any kind? Or just dragracing?

Any kind

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Have you have ever seen a std battery or a lithium go off?
There is no way in heck I’d stand over or be within 100’ of that thing smoking.
There is serious training for dealing with E cars and electrical.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow Im old but some of you folks are living fossils EVs are here to stay like it or not otherwise go buy a horse they eat hay and grass-lol

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vetman:
Wow Im old but some of you folks are living fossils EVs are here to stay like it or not otherwise go buy a horse they eat hay and grass-lol

I'll stick with IC for now.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ev's were dead over 100 years ago, for several good reasons.

As the novelty item that they are...cool,...yawn.
Is the environmental destruction worth it?

The freedoms, productivity, and mobility that we all have enjoyed are a result of internal combustion power, period.

It's a pie in the sky libtard wet dream, subsidized by my dollars, brought to you by those who wish to destroy everything America was.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A hundered years ago batteries were barely there. They will get better and better just as everything else does like it or not -no I dont own one yet. they will figure out solar to keep them charged for unlimited range-maybe putting solar in the windows of cars hey if a dumb ass like me can think up sh-t why not

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
A hundered years ago batteries were barely there. They will get better and better just as everything else does like it or not -no I dont own one yet. they will figure out solar to keep them charged for unlimited range-maybe putting solar in the windows of cars hey if a dumb ass like me can think up sh-t why not

A battery only stores energy. Ya still have to make the energy

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

You don't have to make gasoline right? Crude oil is STORED ENERGY. Corporations extract a product that is STORED energy i.e. gasoline. Your IC engine releases and uses that STORED energy.

See where your logic fails

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:

Old guys say
Hay you kids...Get your dam horse off my grass

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You don't have to make gasoline right? Crude oil is STORED ENERGY. Corporations extract a product that is STORED energy i.e. gasoline. Your IC engine releases and uses that STORED energy.

You are missing the point intentionally it seems. EV’s aren't zero or even low emissions ultimately. There is no free lunch

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bucky,

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bucky ya missed the part about solar being put in widows of cars just a thought Im sure there are lots of better ideas out there but solar has come lightyears in the last 20 give it time the recharge answer is out there

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bucky ya missed the part about solar being put in widows of cars just a thought Im sure there are lots of better ideas out there but solar has come lightyears in the last 20 give it time the recharge answer is out there

Get back to me when that is practical . It isn’t close now. That panel is too small to run anything more than a small fan

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are missing the point intentionally it seems. EV’s are zero or even low emissions ultimately. There is no free lunch

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Really??? REALLY?
Zero emissions...all to be powered by coal, natural gas, or nuclear....

It'll be zero emissions when travel is banned.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are missing the point intentionally it seems. EV’s are zero or even low emissions ultimately. There is no free lunch

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Really??? REALLY?
Zero emissions...all to be powered by coal, natural gas, or nuclear....

It'll be zero emissions when travel is banned.

Auto correct had its way with my post. I corrected it.
The greenies will argue that solar and wind are making some of that power. But the fact is that "renewables" are a very small percentage of overall output and consumption. And when you add consumption by adding an EV, the vast majority of that power is fossil fuels or nuclear.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Only garlits is shocked by a fire caused by Lithium batteries Roll Eyes

I do not get on here very often anymore but all i have to say is that i have worked at a lithium facility for the last 30 years and if you guy's insist on having lithium batteries in your car and they catch fire the worst thing you can do is put water on them especially if the fire gets going very well. You can use water but you better make sure that you have ENOUGH water, If not that thing will explode like a bomb. In my experience i saw several things wrong with this safety crew adding water to this car, From what i could tell the batteries were just smoldering and not on fire yet. There is a lot to be learned from lithium batteries as these companies including the one i work for have the smaller batteries worked out but not the larger ones.All i am saying is be careful with these lithium batteries in your cars.

Posts: 22 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: June 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Electric motors put off ozone.. ozone pollutes but nobody says anything. Like the green push it’s big money and big investments. They are all in and no data. Sound familiar??
Just yesterday here it’s reported the grid cannot handle the heat coming… everyone’s running their AC the same time they are charging the EV.

I’m sure when horses were replaced conversations were about the negatives.
Guess my point is, don’t be so fast to shut down petroleum technology. It has come a long way and it is not done.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Anyone else find it funny as he11 that mister you don't have shyt,will never h have shyt and never been shyt. Is knocking someone who has done more on dragstrip than he could accomplish in 4 life times. You know the guy who made the rear engine dragster work which lead to the car that a lot say it the ultimate tool for racing. A man who has won mulitple World Championships. Set records of all kinds. Hqas been very innovative thru out his life.

Guess that is why we have a Ed's drag racing museum? You just can not make this crap up.

I don't care for electridc cars either. I thionk the whole great for enviroment is total BS. I also think if someone wants to try to make something work they are more than welcome to go for it. God help someone do something different that would just be so stupid.

Now do I think building a race car that runs on 5000 watch batteries is great idea. Hell no. Then its not my money or time so I don't really have a vote in it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
On the watch battery thing. I do not know what batteries this car had I was told by a old TF racer who live near Garlits and has raced with and against him for years that was what was used in car. Unlike some news folks I will give my sources. Paul Smith at 3 wide last weekend was talking with a cpl of us on this deal. Disclaimer done.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Yes I do find it funny but not unusual.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
what part of these TRUTHS and FACTS don't you like...

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
When you’re wearing a diaper daily and need to be held while standing and walking, it’s time to exist the c oc kpit permanently. All he’s doing is embarrassing himself now.

quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
shoulda sent this project over to musk.G arlits way over his head and showing us what not to do

quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
Don garlits was extremely relevant and innovative back about when the pyramids where being built

Further he will never achieve his goal of 200MPH in a EV but he's got a good chance of killing himself continuing to try with further attempts.

I was a huge fan of "Big" as a kid growing up, built every 1/24 scale of his swamp rats back then but that day and his day has longed past.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post