DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Msd grid question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Msd grid question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
My sd card is full for the run replay. Instead of manually deleting them one by one is there a way to do it quickly?

It’s very time consuming to do them all.

Thanks for any help.

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Click on the word “Delete” to select ALL recordings, then select Apply

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
One more question.

What happens to the actual timing of the engine when the max timing is set at 37 in the grid and the engine crank trigger is set in 35? The actual timing in the grid is on 35 with no retards at all. I haven’t had a chance to see what the timing light says either. I’m just hoping for some insight.

Thanks

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
MSD Grid is dumb and only knows what you program in it, Guaranteed! If you program Grid Maximum Timing Reference to 37* and then physically set the timing to 35* with your light, Grid displays 37* because that’s what you programmed.

Grid PowerPoint

Grid Advice

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
MEM, you are a great resource!!

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:
MEM, you are a great resource!!

X2

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here is what I do with timing. If you think the max you will need will be 38* or less. Physically set timing at 38*, tell grid base is 38*. Then you can remove timing with the computer vs physically having to change the crank trigger or distributor. Just go in and remove 2* with a retard and your at 36*. Very easy to dial in what timing the motor wants based on MPH and reading plugs.

You can set it at 40* or whatever. Just be sure of you end up at 32 or something you phase your distributor to the final desired if its way different.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

Posts: 1442 | Location: St Marys | Registered: January 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thanks for all the help. We're all set now.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How do we know the Grid actually removes or adds the timing as Programed?? If thats is what is was programmed to do?? We "assume" it does ...But is there a way to verify? what goes on Downtrack? We test the Launch retard with a timing light and the Car on stands...and the Driver activating the Trans Brake button....After that ???? Probably need some type of Distributor Machine...

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Review the data acquisition showing the Engine Timing channel. What it shows is factual.

In this Grid data acquisition, I’m showing the difference in time of Ignition Input to Ignition Output firing at 33* not retarded, to 25* retarded at very close to the same engine rpm. At 33* timing not retarded, the Ignition Output occurs at 0.000078 after Ignition Input. At 25* retarded the Ignition Output time increase to 0.000319. This show that the programmed Launch Retard is in fact working.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, will have to study to wrap my head around that...Are those numbers in Millioniths of a second???

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/S Dart:
.Are those numbers in Millioniths of a second???

The values six places to the right of the decimal point is microseconds and generally expressed as such. The larger the value, the longer the time period. Think of it as looking at your time slip or delay box settings.