DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak download defaults
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak download defaults
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
New video on setting your default year and track name in Racepak Datalink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne2Tzo0aIk

other Racepak tips: http://motorsportsinnovations....acepak-help-tips.htm

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Greg,

I was having trouble with noise on the driveshaft channel and had several suggestions as to what to try. None of them (moving the cable, building a Faraday cage) helped at all. My friend Ed Cooper told me what to do while we were in Vegas and I did it and it worked. Thought I would pass it along.

The magnets in the collar have a step cut in them when they’re machined to keep the magnet from coming out. However, the magnet only has a small wound spring to keep the magnet from moving back down in the hole. Those springs can lose tension and allow the magnet to move away from the pickup. Mine had done exactly that so I took a zip tie and cut and folded a small piece so it’s pressed against the yoke and holds the magnet firmly in place. You could also use silicone but the zip tie trick works great and is non magnetic. Plus, if you need to you can remove it for any reason.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5312 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Question Greg. Do v300 and V500 have backup internal batteries?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Greg,

I was having trouble with noise on the driveshaft channel and had several suggestions as to what to try. None of them (moving the cable, building a Faraday cage) helped at all. My friend Ed Cooper told me what to do while we were in Vegas and I did it and it worked. Thought I would pass it along.

The magnets in the collar have a step cut in them when they’re machined to keep the magnet from coming out. However, the magnet only has a small wound spring to keep the magnet from moving back down in the hole. Those springs can lose tension and allow the magnet to move away from the pickup. Mine had done exactly that so I took a zip tie and cut and folded a small piece so it’s pressed against the yoke and holds the magnet firmly in place. You could also use silicone but the zip tie trick works great and is non magnetic. Plus, if you need to you can remove it for any reason.

That is a good tip Vern, I'm going to add it to my DS diagnostic procedure.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

Yea Barry, there is a battery in all the recorder boxes/dashes also the V300 and V500 non SD models have a capacitor that can get weak. Todd @ Racepds.com can replace all.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Kelley:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:

Yea Barry, there is a battery in all the recorder boxes/dashes also the V300 and V500 non SD models have a capacitor that can get weak. Todd @ Racepds.com can replace all.

Thank you Greg!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Faraday beads do help, just put one on. Multiples don’t help. It also does not matter the location on the wire. I have some spares for sale or you can contact me by PM for the company I buy them from.
Is the wire shielded at this time?

Posts: 97 | Location: Atlanta “Land Soft--Kill Quiet” | Registered: January 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post