DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Air fuel ratio-alky
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air fuel ratio-alky
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
One value or average, over a run is not optimized.
Most will see a better time slip if you 60’ with .93 lambda and start pulling fuel on the top end. .82l in the traps. Every combo is different but once optimized for yours from testing, it will repeat. Changes based on weather is chapter 2.
Review of O2 Data in a trend, post run, is the only way to get this perfect.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of sr4440
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
What's everyone's idle O2 readings with methanol?

With MFI my idle was 4.0. With EFI now my target idle AFR is 4.6

WOW, that seems rich!
Joe

Without data, you’re just another guy with an opinion.

Posts: 1300 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sr4440:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
What's everyone's idle O2 readings with methanol?

WOW, that seems rich!
Joe

Kinda what I'm thinking...

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

WOW, that seems rich!

Kinda what I'm thinking...

I agree, it’s way rich… but here’s why…..

Never had a O2 sensor until last year when I initially installed Holley Dash/ ECU minus EFI and collected data from the MFI system that I ran since 2007 when I purchased the car. This MFI system was on every sbc I owned and on a dyno several times from different builders. 3 months of MFI data acquisition showed 4.0 idle and 5.2 average wot running. The Primer Plus system on 93 octane that I use for warm up and running off track using the methanol scale reads 6.1 average. This O2 sensor from Holley is for methanol, comes from them calibrated for their ECU.

When I switched to EFI after 3 months of data collection, I followed the MFI. The initial idle map I used produced 4.6 -4.8 readings, felt fine and haven’t experimented with as I only have 90 runs on this new to me EFI system that I’m still learning how to use/ tune. EFI is easily manipulated.

My engine idles at 1300 rpm in gear…. my preference.

Posts: 2479 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's everyone's idle O2 readings with methanol? I know gas likes 13.5-14.0 or so, does that equate to about 6.2-6.5 on methanol scale? Just curious.

5.5’s

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1521 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post