DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    MARVEL Mystery Oil ratio to Gasoline?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARVEL Mystery Oil ratio to Gasoline?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
A question for the alcohol racers:

At the end of the event when you run your engine griefly on gas and MARVEL, how many ounces of oil to five gallons of gas?

Too little and too much would seem to be less than optimal!

DG

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
My engine is duel fuel and when it’s on gas the rear 3 gallon tank is filled with 93 pump with nothing in it. Most times the 93 is 10% ethanol because of my location. End of year I switch it to 93 non-ethanol the last couple of races. I can easily go through over 3 gallons of 93 pump during a weekend.

At year ending, I flush the methanol from the EFI system and fill with 93 pump non-ethanol with 1 oz of Klotz Uplon per gallon. Change the fuel map in Holley to run on gas to flush injectors. Reverse process in spring start-up.

I’ve never used MMO, but have/do use Sea Foam and think it’s a good product.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
How are you switching from fuel to fuel?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
How are you switching from fuel to fuel?

Yes David, how are you switching fuel to fuel???

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
At the end of the race, we will completely draining the methanol from the ProCharger fuel tank.

We will add a gallon or so of a mix of VP C16 race gas and MMO [amount = TBD], start the engine off the remaining methanol in the float bowls and run it for 30 to sixty seconds or so to "pickle" the entire fuel system with the gas/oil mixture.

We will then drain: float bowls, fuel tank, fuel lines, etc. before loading up to go home.

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post