DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I was wrong again....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was wrong again....
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Did Retread change his name to Goob, cuz the title of this post matches him to TEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

Now back to your regularly schedule cone crushing program!

AKA Sissy

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
It's not bragging to say I have a all steel factory condition 3200lb sbc Nova, that has dipped into the 5's n/a.

It's reality.

It's just your perception to take it as bragging because you thought it was impossible, because you've never seen it done with your own two eyes.

That's also what makes it unparalleled.

Why dip into the 5's just one time Mike....put my motor in it and run 5s all day every day.

You have no idea how you make yourself look saying you DIPPED into the 5s

Your engine, if you even own one, has the potential for any claim you make, competing at Fantasy Land Dragway.

As I previously stated, accurately. Big Grin

I don't own one....I own TWO!

Mike there are several on here that race at the same tracks I do regularly and I don't need to post a video nor a timeslip to prove anything to you.

I've never claimed anything but I can say my smallblock will run with any other 23* there is.

Your car runs good but you're not doing anything that anyone else can't do.

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's not bragging to say I have a all steel factory condition 3200lb sbc Nova, that has dipped into the 5's n/a.

It's reality.

It's just your perception to take it as bragging because you thought it was impossible, because you've never seen it done with your own two eyes.

That's also what makes it unparalleled.

Why dip into the 5's just one time Mike....put my motor in it and run 5s all day every day.

You have no idea how you make yourself look saying you DIPPED into the 5s

Your engine, if you even own one, has the potential for any claim you make, competing at Fantasy Land Dragway.

As I previously stated, accurately. Big Grin

I don't own one....I own TWO!

Mike there are several on here that race at the same tracks I do regularly and I don't need to post a video nor a timeslip to prove anything to you.

I've never claimed anything but I can say my smallblock will run with any other 23* there is.

Your car runs good but you're not doing anything that anyone else can't do.

I never said "can't do". Can't do is too subjective a claim to make, by any rational person.

I said haven't done - unparalleled.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
I must apologize to my little "engine that couldn't"....it has turned into a pretty good piece after I showed it a little AFR cylinder head love.

Went 1.34 / 4.12 / 6.48 / 10.36 yesterday on a 45 degree test and tune track.
It's going to be a ticket printer.

But I'm just a hilljack career test and tuner with junk...

Dave, I am glad you got the thing sorted out and running good! Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1077 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
I keep hearing about 23 degree sbc AFR heads being fast out of the box, but it's never observable in nature.

Dunno why?

When people I know get tired of getting out run by THE RIPPER n/a Brodix 23 sbc, they buy baby blowers.

Dunno why?

I was going to let this go and hope it would die a quick and painless death, but it just isn't happening.

So, ONCE AGAIN, you fail to grasp the subject and turn it into some way to crow about your dumb ****, for whatever reason.

NEVER in any of my posts regarding my engine has there been any indication that "going fast" is any part of the discussion. I expressed disappointment in my new engine performance, tracked the issue to cylinder heads which aren't as cool as I thought they were, bought some new heads that I feel are a good value in terms of materials, domestic sourced content, and workmanship. I'm now pleased with the performance of my engine and my purchase. Updated as I went for the reading enjoyment of those who found it interesting or entertaining.
END OF STORY

Give it a rest. Roll Eyes

You remind me VERY much of another blowhard who thought himself the King of "Stocker" ("arguably the quickest/fastest / deep staged, A-B-A test and tune oval port steel head"), pig-block Chevelles and DQ cruising with with Goombas....

goob- if ya know, ya know

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I must apologize to my little "engine that couldn't"....it has turned into a pretty good piece after I showed it a little AFR cylinder head love.

I think it’s cool you had an idea and stuck with it Dave. Very cool!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

I think it’s cool you had an idea and stuck with it Dave. Very cool!

Just turned out that those parts I bought in 1999 weren't as cool as I thought.
Oh well, I have another really nice set of heads for a small cubic inch or mild street SBC.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1771 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post