DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    I was wrong again....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was wrong again....
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SpeierRacingHeads
posted Hide Post
How does it work?

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpeierRacingHeads:

It's all good, I just don't get it.

It's the same concept as Super Gas, ya wanna get behind your opponent .... mph

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Was the ticket you posted a win? That is what I mean. Your further away from the 6.50. Taking the light or not.

Posts: 1405 | Location: Hays Kansas | Registered: January 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
370 pro tree 6.50 index.

It's just like Super Gas with no throttle stops allowed.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Sounds fun as hell to be honest!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was the ticket you posted a win? That is what I mean. Your further away from the 6.50. Taking the light or not.

It was a qualifying run.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The typical mph for an et of 6.50 is in the right lane.

370 pro tree 6.50 index, it's just like Super Gas with no throttle stops allowed.

Ya wanna get behind, ya gotta have power - MPH

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

It was a qualifying run.

weight rule?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It was a qualifying run.

weight rule?

No weight rule, no throttle stops. 370 Pro Tree

If ya wanna get behind, ya gotta have power - MPH

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I understand that. I have some Sr20 Super Gas racers going 165 in Denver@10.54... Crazy what some of the SC guys go.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I understand that. I have some Sr20 Super Gas racers going 165 in Denver@10.54... Crazy what some of the SC guys go.

Many killer bracket racers have tried 6.50 index 370 pro tree...... ONCE.

Imagine a 6.50 car on a 370 Pro tree.

You better have some skills.

They told me the 370 Pro Tree was impossible staged shallow.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds fun as hell to be honest!

It is, people hate it around here because of the 370 Pro Tree. A lot of people want it to be a 500 tree, but then it's just a bracket race.

It could be a really cool competitive class if it was possible to have a 16 car qualified field, and everyone in the race could cope well with the 370 Pro tree.

Fast tree combined with a slow et, it's a performance contradiction. I think it was designed that way so everyone would be wfo at the stripe. I just found a way around by building something too fast for the et, then slowing it down in the front half like they do with a stop in Super Gas.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I keep hearing about 23 degree sbc AFR heads being fast out of the box, but it's never observable in nature.

Dunno why?

When people I know get tired of getting out run by THE RIPPER n/a Brodix 23 sbc, they buy baby blowers.

Dunno why?

AFR is a great head and I have a set on my 565 in my Beretta.

You can make all the claims you want but my 23* stockblock makes more power than your welded slow OTB 23 Brodix 6.40 RIPPER

At Fantasyland Dragway maybe.

Quit bagging on someone elses stuff when what you've got is nothing special!

Never said special, special is too subjective a word.

I said unparalleled.

I figured someone would show up to prove me incorrect, but nope, nobody did.

Mike....you're just looking someone to banter with and act like you've got something no one else has and you don't.
You can show all the time slips and videos you want but you still don't have anything to brag about.
I could match your weight and still outrun you with my 23* turd

Fantasy Dragway may be.

6.40 or slower 3200lbs, conventional out of the box 23 degree sbc 6.40 or slower, this mph is unparalleled until you bring observable evidence, anything you say until then is just overly emotional ranting & raving (woman).

LOL....Mike you are the one ranting like a broken record!
When you can run 5.60 @ 2750lbs with a 23* head and stockblock please let me know....until then keep posting your 6.40 timeslips and claiming to DIP into the 5s

You've probably got more money invested in that Nova to run 6.40s than I do in my Beretta and Truck so please bragging....lol

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I keep hearing about 23 degree sbc AFR heads being fast out of the box, but it's never observable in nature.

Dunno why?

When people I know get tired of getting out run by THE RIPPER n/a Brodix 23 sbc, they buy baby blowers.

Dunno why?

AFR is a great head and I have a set on my 565 in my Beretta.

You can make all the claims you want but my 23* stockblock makes more power than your welded slow OTB 23 Brodix 6.40 RIPPER

At Fantasyland Dragway maybe.

Quit bagging on someone elses stuff when what you've got is nothing special!

Never said special, special is too subjective a word.

I said unparalleled.

I figured someone would show up to prove me incorrect, but nope, nobody did.

Mike....you're just looking someone to banter with and act like you've got something no one else has and you don't.
You can show all the time slips and videos you want but you still don't have anything to brag about.
I could match your weight and still outrun you with my 23* turd

Fantasy Dragway may be.

6.40 or slower 3200lbs, conventional out of the box 23 degree sbc 6.40 or slower, this mph is unparalleled until you bring observable evidence, anything you say until then is just overly emotional ranting & raving (woman).

LOL....Mike you are the one ranting like a broken record!
When you can run 5.60 @ 2750lbs with a 23* head and stockblock please let me know....until then keep posting your 6.40 timeslips and claiming to DIP into the 5s

You've probably got more money invested in that Nova to run 6.40s than I do in my Beretta and Truck so please bragging....lol

At Fantasy Dragway you might run 5.60 at 2750 lbs, but not on video, in nature for everyone who hears your claims, to see.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's not bragging to say I have a all steel factory condition 3200lb sbc Nova, that has dipped into the 5's n/a.

It's reality.

It's just your perception to take it as bragging because you thought it was impossible, because you've never seen it done with your own two eyes.

That's also what makes it unparalleled.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Did Retread change his name to Goob, cuz the title of this post matches him to TEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

Now back to your regularly schedule cone crushing program!

Posts: 2163 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
370 Pro Tree 3200 lbs 10 x 28 bias slick n/a sbc.

It's not bragging when someone shows you it can be done staged shallow.

It's a reality.

What you call impossible are your limitations, not everyone else's.

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
Did Retread change his name to Goob, cuz the title of this post matches him to TEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

Now back to your regularly schedule cone crushing program!

LOL...he can't stand the fact that my barn built STOCKBLOCK can curb stomp his aftermarket everything DIPPN into the 5s downhill bullet

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not bragging to say I have a all steel factory condition 3200lb sbc Nova, that has dipped into the 5's n/a.

It's reality.

It's just your perception to take it as bragging because you thought it was impossible, because you've never seen it done with your own two eyes.

Why dip into the 5's just one time Mike....put my motor in it and run 5s all day every day.

You have no idea how you make yourself look saying you DIPPED into the 5s

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's reality.

Why dip into the 5's just one time Mike....put my motor in it and run 5s all day every day.

You have no idea how you make yourself look saying you DIPPED into the 5s

Your engine, if you even own one, has the potential for any claim you make, competing at Fantasy Land Dragway.

As I previously stated, accurately. Big Grin