Bracket Talk
High gear retard using grid

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/3887092496

September 01, 2020, 07:46 PM
High gear retard using grid
I want to pull a couple degrees of timing out in high gear using the shift retard function either off of rpm drop or step 1 trigger. I'm just not getting it... Any help
September 01, 2020, 08:58 PM
TonyB6255
quote:
Originally posted by 7959:
I want to pull a couple degrees of timing out in high gear using the shift retard function either off of rpm drop or step 1 trigger. I'm just not getting it... Any help

Why not do it off of time with TBrake release as the trigger.
September 01, 2020, 10:02 PM
markemark
You first need to program the Settings/ Gear Shift tab feature for the amount of RPM Drop (I would start with no less than 400 rpm) that you want the retard to start at. This moves the Gear indicator to the next gear which starts the Shift Retard.

In Ignition Timing / Shift Retard tabs, program the amount of timing you want to remove, and then the amount of time you want the retard to remain on. If retard is desired for the entire time you are in the next gear, program the time period slightly longer (1/2 second) than the full time the transmission is in that gear.

Verify your programming in the Data Acquisition of the run using the Engine Timing and Gear channels.
September 02, 2020, 12:55 PM
Thank you