DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    High gear retard using grid
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High gear retard using grid
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted
I want to pull a couple degrees of timing out in high gear using the shift retard function either off of rpm drop or step 1 trigger. I'm just not getting it... Any help

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7959:
I want to pull a couple degrees of timing out in high gear using the shift retard function either off of rpm drop or step 1 trigger. I'm just not getting it... Any help

Why not do it off of time with TBrake release as the trigger.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You first need to program the Settings/ Gear Shift tab feature for the amount of RPM Drop (I would start with no less than 400 rpm) that you want the retard to start at. This moves the Gear indicator to the next gear which starts the Shift Retard.

In Ignition Timing / Shift Retard tabs, program the amount of timing you want to remove, and then the amount of time you want the retard to remain on. If retard is desired for the entire time you are in the next gear, program the time period slightly longer (1/2 second) than the full time the transmission is in that gear.

Verify your programming in the Data Acquisition of the run using the Engine Timing and Gear channels.

Posts: 2478 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 7959
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 26 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post