Find
Notify
Tools

Tinted Lexan
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Doug
posted
Since there are a few topics lately about lexan, I am looking for some experiences with tinted lexan. Who makes the best stuff and how is it for night time racing? I've seen some on cars that look like crap but I assume if its good quality and taken care of properly it will hold up as good as clear lexan. I want to put it on my 55 but I want to be sure I am not making a mistake doing it, Thanks for any input

Posts: 20 | Location: Fredonia | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I used tinted lexan when I made my dragster windsheild. I made it high enough to block most of the wind and I could see over it. Would not use it on door car windsheild and would check if it is NHRA legal for side windows?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Been very happy with Optic Armour tinted stuff.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 990 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Lexan Margard M10 with ll coating .177 thick
Clear. Had it in my car for 20 years and it looks like real glass. Available in .118,.177,.220 thickness. Lexan is a manufacture name for a Polycarbonate. So anything polycarbonate will be your choice.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post