DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    CSR water pump leaking
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CSR water pump leaking
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
as the title states my bbc water pump developed a leak it appears they are out of business does anyone rebuild these pumps or am I SOL. what is the preferred water pump to buy now to replace this if I can't get it rebuilt?

Posts: 418 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Meziere enterprises is the pump you want! Nothing against CSR I had one. There was a guy on here that would rebuild the CSR pump, but don't remember his name.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2735 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of ROLLIN'
posted Hide Post
Green1 rebuilt two of mine and was better than new !

Posts: 25 | Location: .002 next to you | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
if I get the meziere pump do you guys run the 35 or 50 GPH

Posts: 418 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We have a sbc & ran the 42 gpm when naturally aspirated. Then switched to the 55 gpm with the ProCharged combo.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2735 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
I just had my remote 10 year old CSR water pump rebuilt by CSR, (bearings making noise). They turned it around and shipped it back out
in 1 day. Christine was great on the phone and very helpful.

Posts: 71 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
Id get it rebuilt at a minimum. I did mine with the kit that they supplied.

Posts: 145 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROLLIN':
Green1 rebuilt two of mine and was better than new !

Don't know if he's still around but he rebuilt 2 for me one was a CSR.

Posts: 1552 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Meziere BBC 35gpm WP100 will work in most drag race only applications. The 42gpm will help to cool down faster between rounds. The WP300 55gpm for boosted applications is nice but only comes with a 1.75" inlet.

New Meziere pumps come with a 2 year warrenty from the purchase date.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 263 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
So is CSR is out of business? If so I may search for a new one for a spare before they are all gone. CSR was the only one that was short enough to clear my cooling fan.

Posts: 398 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:
So is CSR is out of business? If so I may search for a new one for a spare before they are all gone. CSR was the only one that was short enough to clear my cooling fan.

FYI

Meziere SBC and BBC 35gpm pump is 6.780" from block to the tip. The 42gpm and 55gpm are 7.280"

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 263 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
My engine had a meziere on it when I bought and wouldn't fit. I think it was the smaller one and the CSR was about 1/4" shorter.

Posts: 398 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
386-776-1476 They're open Monday through Thursday. Closed on Fridays.

Posts: 71 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I called and spoke to Christine very smart and helpful my pump is 23 yrs. old I am going to send it in she told me it can be turned around in 1 day as long as it only needs bearing and a seal if it needs a motor, it's a long wait for them right now.

I think I will put this on the shelf as a spare and purchase a new Meziere in the meantime

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camaro77:
I called and spoke to Christine very smart and helpful my pump is 23 yrs. old I am going to send it in she told me it can be turned around in 1 day as long as it only needs bearing and a seal if it needs a motor, it's a long wait for them right now.

I think I will put this on the shelf as a spare and purchase a new Meziere in the meantime

Well that doesn't sound good. I just sent one in last week and it needs a motor. I have used them for years on my BB mopar but IMO they are not the best pump quality wise. I seem to have one go bad like clockwork every 3 years. I need to switch to a Meziere but that would require changing a bunch of stuff.

Posts: 1583 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
582 with a Meziere 35 gph pump but have a recently upgraded 42 gph spare (if necessary) during the hotter Summer days. Recently changed to AN-16 from AN-12 lines and added a open grill to my '27 Roadster, HUGE difference. Made 11 runs (1/8th) in one day absolutely no problem with heat, never over 190 and cooled off quickly. Happy ? oh ya!

Bob

Posts: 3170 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Dave Koehler
posted Hide Post
Concerning the motor side of this. Have you guys checked locally for an electrical wizard/rebuilder. It's just a motor after all.

Mechanical side What is in there? A bearing or 2 and a seal or o-ring?

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection - http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Nitrous Master Software - Balancing
99% of fuel injection problems are electric.

Posts: 361 | Location: Urbana, IL 61802 | Registered: December 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Koehler:
Concerning the motor side of this. Have you guys checked locally for an electrical wizard/rebuilder. It's just a motor after all.

Green 1 is the guy no doubt.

Posts: 147 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Koehler:

Out of desperation I actually took 2 pumps and made a good one the other week. Used the bearings out of one and pressed them on another armature and shaft. It is kind of tricky to do because the armature and windings are separate. Bearings have to be spaced correctly on shaft too.Also have to use small pieces of wire to hold the brushes in to get it back together.

Posts: 1583 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by camaro77:
if I get the meziere pump do you guys run the 35 or 50 GPH
My $500 meziere made it two weeks

Posts: 1275 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post