DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Racepak and upgrades.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Racepak and upgrades.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Looks like Beijin biden wants to buy me a data logger, hey last time they bought me AR 10 in 7mm-08.

Few questions I have and Greg Kelly probably best to ask,but WTH. Wondering if any of my Cygnus piece can be intergraded into system. Would like at least one pressure and would love to be able to add my egt's. Hell ould have loved to be able to use the whole system.Out dated yes. but great price and the data would be same. Unfortunately the scurity key is junk and no one has been able to get past that.
Anyone know if the egt's which are 2 sets of 4 connectedted to computer.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Only about .01 percent of people here would know what a Cygnus data logger looks like. I am one of those. The most successful user of Cygnus was Steve Boggs tuning Tony Bartone but I can tell you that as long as the thermocouple type and resistance are the same then yes, the actual TC would work but that doesn't make it worth it. I have two sets of Rpak egts from proII an they're not worth anything.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Generally speaking, I can probably make all your sensors work ***IF*** I can get the calibrations on them. The EGT's are pretty standard (type K) throughout motorsports.

Having said that, I'd recommend just getting a new system and sensors. In addition, forget the EGT's and get an O2 - way better and yes they work fine on alky. Sportsman data logger, O2 and all your accessories = $1500.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Bry war,

Yea we ran cygnus at same time Bartone was. Scotty Cannon ran them for while as did Todd Patton.

We never had issue with them,well not much. Had pretty good success with Cygnus also. Not saying we might not have been better off in long run with Racepak. I would still use cygnus if not for security key that keeps me fro even accessing computer. Its not latest thing out by 25 years but gives all info needed.Pretty simple to use.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
pretty sure I would require the v300sd since I run msd mag. Being we are talking computer I very well could be wrong. Need two rpm,two temps(head and trans) and two or three pressures. Plus egt's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you're running a running the retard module it has a tach output. The one we used was for dual mag and had dual in/dual out and two tach outputs. Joe Pando from the old mag room era showed me how to parallel those units to get dual rpm out from them so we could run the Electromotion rpm and have a tach and not tied together The tach output is pretty clean RF wise. Only a Pro 1 or 2 uses fiber. I don't believe a 300 does.

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post