DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Dedenbear Lightning Box and Max Speed Carb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dedenbear Lightning Box and Max Speed Carb
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted
I saw this question posted on another forum and was curious of the answer myself. I have a Lightning Box brand new and never used so thats why I am intrigued.

"When using an APD Max Speed Throttle Stop Carb, can the SLE control on the Lightning Box still be used as an SLE when also using the STOP A timers for throttle stop settings and STOP B timers for shifting the car"

So they basically want to use the Carb as a SLE and throttle Stop.

Posts: 608 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Although I never tried I was told that the Max Speed won't adjust low enough in RPM to use as an SLE.

quote:
Originally posted by Da Shoe:
I saw this question posted on another forum and was curious of the answer myself. I have a Lightning Box brand new and never used so thats why I am intrigued.

"When using an APD Max Speed Throttle Stop Carb, can the SLE control on the Lightning Box still be used as an SLE when also using the STOP A timers for throttle stop settings and STOP B timers for shifting the car"

So they basically want to use the Carb as a SLE and throttle Stop.

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what forum you saw it on, but I was trying to help that guy on classracer.

I'm still not sure if he wanted to use the Max Speed as the SLE, or if he was talking about a separate SLE. Regardless of which way he was thinking, it won't work.

It would require a separate shift controller, then run the SLE from StopA and the Max Speed from StopB on the delay box.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
If I understand the OP correctly the answer is no. You cannot use the SLE and stop A for two different functions. It's either an SLE or a TS timer.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post