Find
Notify
Tools

Diff Gears ?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Diff Gears ?

I’m considering a rear gear change and presently have 28 spline Standard gears and staying with this same spline size. The gear I want (5.00) is available from US Gear (made in Chicago?) and Motive gear produced in Italy. Both 8620. The US Gear is less expensive by 25%.

I don’t know the gear brand I presently have. Any opinions or advice.

Posts: 2467 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mark go with Motive been using them for years buying from Quick Performance -best price- they change so well Ive not had to reshim in a long time!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Mark, I'm assuming a 28 spline small pinion 9" ??

If so contact Jay Cushman @ 207 749-3307, he sells Nascar takeouts. I recently bought a 5.14 for a little S10 we picked up and the gears are super nice !! REM polished, lightened ect...... All the bells and whistles and they set up perfectly. $220 shipped to my door.
His inventory is always changing so give him a call. He sells pinion supports and cases also.

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I use the NASCAR take outs also. Current 4.44 has been in there 3 years but have never had an issue. Last set was $125 but here we are in NASCARs back yard so lots of takeoffs around.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of CAD
posted Hide Post
We installed the Motive 8620 514 gears last fall in my S10. Quick Perf recommended it and the gears setup very nicely. I seriously questioned using these vs a pro gear, and I even called twice.

Posts: 125 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I used a US Gear brand on my 9" last time and it was a really nice set and setup. I have used NASCAR takeoffs also which are nice gears, don't know what brand they are.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post