New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oil and alky
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anybody run mobil 1 with alcohol? I would like to hear how well it stays clean. Thanks for any info

Posts: 46 | Location: stonypoint,nc | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of AlkyIROC
posted Hide Post
Install a vacuum pump and the oil stays clean. Even before I put a vacuum pump on my engine, I never milked the oil.

You can use a leanout valve at the end of the day to get the engine/oil hot to burn off any condensation/alcohol and the oil will stay clean.

Doesn't need to be Mobil 1. Any synthetic oil will work just fine. If you milk the oil bad enough that it needs changing regularly, just use inexpensive walmart oil.

www.hardtail.com Stephen's Racing Page
Best ET: 9.029
Best MPH: 150.45

Posts: 1352 | Location: Calgary | Registered: June 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
True that.
Keep the alky/moisture out of the oil in the first place.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6403 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Over the years I learned a couple things about running alky carbs and injection.
If you can get the oil as hot as possible, run a vacuum pump you can choose any oil you like. We have used Schaeffer Oils semi-synthetic Race oil 30w and 40w for four seasons on the same 565, never milks and the used oil analysis reports are excellent and Zinc content is one of the highest in the race oil market. Season 5 coming up.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I am not sure Mobil 1 is compatible with alky. I bunch of years ago a guy on here did a bunch of test and Mobil was not recommended. I never wanted to test that. Currently I use Royal Purple or Valvoline VR1.

--------------------
Bob Payton
S/P, T/D, S/C, TOP
309Z, 393, 3093, 8X93

www.apdracing.com
www.diamondracecars.com
www.callies.com

Posts: 1989 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm new to injection, still working out the bugs with just idle and warmup....I run Amsoil 15w50 dominator racing oil....just drained it to check out some stuff and it was as clean as it was when the car was still on gas....same oil actually. I did the leanout thing and have a vac pump. I just put new in because I had the pan off....otherwise I'd still be running it....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have ran Mobil 1 synthetic for years with and without vacuum pumps on alky carb applications. Oil stays cleans, never had an issue.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post