DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Low gear lockout with Grid???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low gear lockout with Grid???
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'm trying to figure out why the electric shifter won't go back into low after a run. I assume there is a low gear lockout in the grid after it hits the 2 step rpm.

I have noticed 3 times in the staging lanes I have to turn the ignition off then back on to get the car to allow me to put it in low again.

Anyone had this happen before? Where is the setting to modify it?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
What kind of shift solenoid? Are you using some kind of relay board to activate the shifter?

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 329L
posted Hide Post
Do you have the on rpm set below or above the off rpm? You need the off rpm to be atleast 200 lower than the on rpm.

Jeremiah Hall

Posts: 709 | Location: Evansville, IN | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NC3x58:
What kind of shift solenoid? Are you using some kind of relay board to activate the shifter?

It is a spring assisted shifter. Not sure of brand.

quote:
Originally posted by 329L:
Do you have the on rpm set below or above the off rpm? You need the off rpm to be atleast 200 lower than the on rpm.

Jeremiah Hall

I Will check that when I get off work.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post