DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Hyfire V11C Digital
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hyfire V11C Digital
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I would appreciate any information I can get on this ignition box.

Posts: 5 | Location: Napavine Wa | Registered: February 18, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hyfire V11C Digital

https://documents.holley.com/m...ro_ignition_667s.pdf

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ran one for 2 decades without a single issue....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4464 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you both information. The instructions don't really tell you the features. They also say that a Mallory coil must be used with this system.
We aquired this unit on a dragster we bought. We are still working on the ignition box featues, and I haven't been able to address, shift trigger, launch retard, or any other functions it may have. I have been running digital MSD stuff for ever.

Posts: 5 | Location: Napavine Wa | Registered: February 18, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
My only thought is about having spare components at the track. If you run MSD stuff, you'll always be able to find what you need.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I did my launch retard by setting the initial timing at 25* then used the "advance timing" feature to bring the timing back in at 2-6* per 1000 rpm...launched at 4500rpm and had the timing back to 38* by 6500rpm....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4464 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That at least tells me it has a programable timing curve.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goldfinger1:
Thank you. That at least tells me it has a programable timing curve.

Well sort of...it allows to you to launch at a lower timing and ramp it back in at an adjustable rate and amount. Which works fine, just not the traditional way. Have you downloaded the manual/instructions from the Mallory site yet?

Dave

F J B

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Goob makes a valid point. I admire someone willing to put forth the effort to try and utilize functioning existing parts. Goes to the root of hot rodding!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I haven't printed it yet, but I have looked at it.
Thank you for your help.