Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted
What’s everyone using for s10 (newer style) headers (non fender exit). Thanks

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
anything I have seen or used that is a long tube, is multipiece that slips together. And are a pain in the butt. I used hooker slip together, and I made up cuss words everytime I messed with them. Buddy ran I believe hedmans and they were just as big of a pain. Went to fenderwells, and fabricated some turn outs. I know you said non fender exit, but been there done that. Its the only way I would go. I have seen pix on some of the s10 forums where guys have still ran full exhaust with the fender exit type headers, if thats what your wanting to do.

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have a set custom made it's well worth the $$

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of rs72z
posted Hide Post
Even the custom made will more than likely be a multi piece design unless they are forward exit.

There is a set of long tube spreadport for sale on drr facebook i believe.

Posts: 206 | Location: texas | Registered: November 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I'm assembling a 1st gen S10 with long tube Hedman's that come apart and run inside the frame rails. They are a pain, they need to come apart, you can't get the oil filter off unless you take the header off.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used fenderwell and put a elbow on the collector. Then put mufflers on it from there. If I was going to use a long tube header it would be custom built.

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I need a set to....the inside of frame well are a biotch as far as getting tranny out....and the ones that exit back of fender some of them sound like a John Deere tractor....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I have the headmans now and they fit nice and sound ok (not much of a fan of direct at the ground) the issue I have with them is the back tubes kick way out and when turning the wheel they hit the tire. I was hoping there were other options but maybe fixing these or having a set made is in need.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have an S10 now and it has headers that wrap around the frame with the oil filter relocation kit. But if I were you I would take it to diamond and have Dan make you a set nice ones

Posts: 373 | Location: Shelbyville Indiana | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ImBack:
I have an S10 now and it has headers that wrap around the frame with the oil filter relocation kit. But if I were you I would take it to diamond and have Dan make you a set nice ones
..He made me a set on the wagon that you wired and I got a lot of compliments on those

Posts: 373 | Location: Shelbyville Indiana | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
]

DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
I'm building a 98 with a BB, so headers were a serious concern lol

I built my own and quite honestly, it was waaaay easier than anticipated. I started with a 2" Headman Hustler kit and a few extra J-bends. I ended up moving my factory firewall back about 2" and that gave me enough room too run 3 of my 4 tubes inside the frame rail and still have 90% of my steering radius. Oil filter,starter and spark plugs are a breeze. All my tubes are individual with a slip on collector, mufflers have plenty room too. Only downside is I have the drivers side tubes wrapping around the steering shaft, which I must remove from the box and slide up to remover 2 tubes.

Go custom, you'll be much happier.......

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post