DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    What size wire for charging lug terminals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What size wire for charging lug terminals
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
what size would you use...

Posts: 356 | Location: OGLESBY,ILLINOIS,USA | Registered: April 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I use #2, that way if I want to jump start it I know there is enough cable there to carry the load.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Depends on the length of the wire.

Posts: 477 | Location: here | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
I used left over #2 that I had and the length is only about 2 feet on mine.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I typically use whatever size battery cable is being used on the rest of the car for the reason stated above about jump starting the car with a dead battery. I have seen people get away with as small as 10 gauge when weight is a concern and and the lugs will only be used for trickle charging. To me it seems like an impractical way to save weight.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post