DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Moroso Oil Pump spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moroso Oil Pump spring
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted
So broke the spring in my Moroso billet oil pump (spur gear type). Called Moroso and they didn’t seem too worried about helping me get a new one. Was hoping they would sell me a spring pack with the three springs that come with new pumps but instead they told me to just buy a Melling pump spring. The stiffest Moroso spring put my pressure at 90 psi. I built a fixture to allow me to spin test my pump and get a pressure, the stiffest Melling spring is a 70 psi spring and the pressure when tested with my pump was 74 psi. Built a couple spacers to go between the spring and the threaded plug (like we used to do with stock style pumps to increase the pressure) and got it up to 90 psi....Anybody have a line on the correct spring?

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
22164 Pump?
I'm going to the shop now. I will check to see what i have in the package if i can find it.
Increase + 8-10= brown spring
Decrease - 8-10= blue spring.

Get right back at ya. shortly.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Yup, I had the brown spring in it, broke and dumped my oil psi. Have the other two, but wanted the higher pressure.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

Posts: 312 | Location: Firehouse 10 Wichita Ks | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
found this Keith,not sure if it will work.other reading says you need the brown spring

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I can believe they will not sell you the brown spring. Contact Scott Hall on FB

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
This is all i have, Blue and the brown. The free on the brown is 2.590.

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'll look in the trailer. I got three springs in a pack. I don't remember who had them, but I needed a smaller/lighter spring. I was over 100psi most of the time and I didn't like it. If I have one, I'll let you know.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of NEMO963
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you want to sell a brown spring if you have one.

2015 M&M T/D
Nemo
Duty-Pride-Tradition
FTM/PTB

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have the one that came out of the pump from the original build and a purple colored spring. I can't tell what color the spring is that was originally taken out of the pump, it looks gray. My pump is the 22163. If you think this will work on your pump, let me know.

Posts: 67 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 11, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post