DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    TB button for burnouts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TB button for burnouts?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
I've been told over the years if you push the trans brake button in drive nothing will happen. So I'm wondering if I could use this for a rev limiter on the burnout? I have my launch rpm set at 4500rpm so that would work ok for the burnout.

My question is there there anybody using this idea and not having any issues doing it?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A burnout at 4500 isn't going to do very much in a dragster. But to answer your question if you have a standard pro tree brake the TB will essentially work like a limiter in 2nd gear.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
A burnout at 4500 isn't going to do very much in a dragster. But to answer your question if you have a standard pro tree brake the TB will essentially work like a limiter in 2nd gear.

Yeah I figured that may be too low, If it won't work I'll just go ahead and put another button on the steering wheel and wire it to the ignition box.

Thanks for your rersponse

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
When I drove a dragster, we used 1 button and a 3 pole, 2 way switch for the bump and burnout. Flip it up for the burnout and down to make the run.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
A burnout at 4500 isn't going to do very much in a dragster.

Sure it will, it might rattle out any loose teeth the driver might have Big Grin

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When I used to use a 3 step I had it wired to my backup button. Stayed on the button with my left hand and put the shifter in reverse with my right and was backing up immediately

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
may add consistency. But man you guys like to take the fun out of the run. Hell Burnout in half or more of the fun. While I don't do half track burnout nowadays they are fun as hell. Well not most of the time.LOL

No idea what you fellas using a controll to keep rp down do burnout at.I would think 6to 7000 rpm would be more like the range. Me Hell I am an old **** and just roll thru smack throttle and let her eat and heat.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Use the right foot. I cant believe standing on the throttle and letting it bounce off the limiter. Cant be good for the engine.
Your foot should be able to control
the burnout

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I guess I need to rephrase my question.......

quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
I've been told over the years if you push the trans brake button in drive nothing will happen. So I'm wondering if I could use this for a rev limiter on the burnout? I have my launch rpm set at 4500rpm so that would work ok for the burnout.

My question is, is there anybody using this idea and not having any issues doing it?

Dave

F J B

DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Dave 4500 rpm for burn out sounds way too low. Just add the new button and move forward.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
or add the switch I was talking about and re-use the same button for both burnout and transbrake.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Only the OP, a clueless moron could make something as easy as adding a button so complicated and think 4500 is good for the burnout. Laughing very hard

News flash 99% of dragsters have a separate button for burnout.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
I tried using a TB button for the burnout once and the car wouldn't move so I went back to watching the shift light.

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, I thought about using a shift light but it would have the same issue I have with the digital dash. The numbers go so fast they're kind of a blur and a light would give no "get ready to lift" moment either. It's on or off. My Mallory ignition has like 4-5 rpm limit terminals so I guess I'll just put another button on my butterfly steering wheel. I don't 100% trust wiring that just hangs out on the c0ckpit but I don't guess losing my burnout limiter would be a major event.

Dave

F J B

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Only the OP, a clueless moron could make something as easy as adding a button so complicated and think 4500 is good for the burnout. Laughing very hard

News flash 99% of dragsters have a separate button for burnout.

As per norm first post on this thread by Ediot is nothing more than cheap insults to start cr@p.
Nothing intelligent to say so stoops to insults.

If you do not know what you are talking about why don't you just STFU instead of making a fool of yourself?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Says this forum’s clueless fool^^^that thinks he knows Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ediot the ankle bitter will get you straightened out and let you know stupid you are all in one breath

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post