DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    strange throttle cable question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

strange throttle cable question
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I have a dragster and I use an inline throttle stop for a starting line enhancer. The enhancer is a Biondo air on and air off version.

I feel like either my cable is stretching or I'm losing air on the throttle stop while going down the track. The feeling inside the car is that the pedal is going further down but I know it isn't because the car has a strong metal pedal stop that is adjusted properly. I also know my carb is going wide open.

Has anyone else felt this?

Side note, I'm using a 100 psi pre set regulator from Biondo.

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
check all of the exhaust ports and other air passages.maybe a needle valve restricting too much.just a wag

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1408 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Just a thought check and make sure something hasn't changed and your carb is wide open before your at the pedal stop that could give you the feeling your talking about.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Get the soapy water out and start checking for leaks. We had one leaking out the shaft seal. It was OLD...

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post