DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    632 Headhunter Combos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

632 Headhunter Combos
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Paul

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adv ET 266:
Great informative thread with tons of shared experience. Man I wish all DRR threads looked more like this.
Merry Christmas David, Ed and Top38

Merry Christmas Paul, hope your doing great.

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Paul
Hope all is well with you and Merry Christmas!!!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
My engine builder says my car would pick up .07-.1 in the 1/8 switching to a tunnel ram with 2 carbs on methanol from my current sniper 2 with 1450 methanol carb. These are both as cast intakes into as cast 375x sniper heads.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Hammertime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammertime:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ok. What’s your goal for this build?

I’d like to go 4.4s low 50s with it on alky.

At what weight!

I’m have a new car built, haven’t decided on carbon or aluminum body/interior yet but it’ll 1875-1930 depending on them changes.

At 1875 built right you have a decent chance but you will likely need an 1/8 mile setup to meaning 4.30 gears and smaller tires like the little bubbas to achieve those et’s

That’s what my combo was and will be again on new car for tire/gear.

What about cam and intake ? Any advantage to tunnel ram (profiler) with single 1450 over a sv632 edelbrock with same carb ?

A tunnel ram with one carb and one that is too small to start with is not a good combo. Use it with two carbs or stay with the SV632.
Cam wise you will need .950 to .975 lift on the intake side and .910 to .925 duration @ 50 286/308 to 310 15.5 to 16 compression your carb is on the small 6700 stall converter shift at 7700 and go through at 7700 plus
This should give you a good idea what it will take

Any brand suggestion for cam ?

David Lanning

Lanning Electric

Team Mickey Thompson

Posts: 4658 | Location: Coldwater,MI | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post