DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Attn Markemark Grid issue?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attn Markemark Grid issue?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted
I got a call from a friend about an issue. He just installed a grid over the winter and everything was good until yesterday during a test and tune.
Attached is a picture of his data log from the grid showing 2 runs over layed with the same problem. Car felt like it was missing obviously. I told him to check all connections and his pick up from the ignition. Any ideas?

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of John Heard
posted Hide Post
Sure looks like a flaky crank trigger sensor, bad connection or related.

John Heard
DragStuff.com

Posts: 188 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
What John said. Grid data acquisition can help lead you to the cause of the problem.

In Data Acquisition open the Ignition IN and Ignition Out channels and expand to see the individual trigger and output pulses. The Ign IN is from the crank trigger(distributor). If trigger pulses are missing, look at the pick up (gap set to .060) and connectors to/from Grid. When looking at the Deutsch male connectors (female pins) make sure the female pins are tight against the back of the plastic plate that cover them. It is Not Uncommon to have one of these female pins not locked in the connector properly and moved out of place.

Posts: 2479 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I'll pass this to him Mark..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
So David. True that its not what you know but who you know? LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
So David. True that its not what you know but who you know? LOL

Absolutely.. Not worthy

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Morning Update..

After advice from Mark I had Greg check his input and he freaked. Then I had him compare it to a run before his issue developed. First 4 runs were problem, 5th run was a good run. First picture is what he sent me.
He then swapped out the sensor on the crank trigger and second picture is the result. Car is now fixed.. lol Although track was junk on that run, it at least made a full pull with no issues..

Thanks Guy's. They call me and I call on you... Big Grin We appreciate the help..

Dave