Bracket Talk
trans brake question

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/80760912/m/2837010386

June 02, 2019, 09:16 AM
Novacaine
trans brake question
I have two trans brake buttons. One on the dash I have been running for a long time with no issues. But I put another one on my steering wheel and wired it to the other button. My question is would that make that button slow to react since in coming off the other button? I have about a 05 light. Im running no box. But I tried it yesterday with the dash and was 07 red. I know a lot was me but thought maybe going thru the other switch might have something to do with it?
June 02, 2019, 10:05 AM
Mike Rietow
No, unless the new button is that much quicker.
June 02, 2019, 01:37 PM
Larry Woodfin
My first thought, the difference is because of the location. That is to say, one location is better than the other in ref to the movement of your hand/arm

Larry Woodfin

June 02, 2019, 01:38 PM
Larry Woodfin
and of course, just a few hits are not enough to establish a pattern

Larry Woodfin

June 02, 2019, 10:06 PM
66belair
Larry is right. It’s all about the position and how fast your arm moves off the button. Before it was your shoulder moving the hole arm. Now just forearm moving off the button. Less movable parts quicker movement.
June 03, 2019, 06:31 AM
ski_dwn_it
Position. Told by very reputable proven winner the steering wheel is not a good location because it places you arm in an unusual position in front of your body. Off to the side is better and more natural. That is where I have mine.

Put the new button where you old one was and I bet it nearly there same.

Configuration: 3350#, 582 C.I.,

60 - 1.24
1/8 - 5.53@ 126MPH
1/4 - 8.73@ 159MPH

3700#+210lb driver, FULL interior, through mufflers, 10.5 tire.
60'-1.333 (IN 4000ft DA! Joisy Math excluded; 1.25sec using JOISY MATH.) Wink
1/4 - 9.60@144MPH

June 03, 2019, 10:35 AM
regal
Time to get the practice tree hooked up and test away, that’s really the best way to figure it all out. You can learn so much about buttons, locations, etc with just utilizing your practice tree. No one method is right or wrong for everyone.

Chris Walters
June 03, 2019, 10:37 AM
FootbrakeJim
I am inclined to agree with 66 BelAir and Larry - I think the location is having an effect on the R/T's.
To the OP - Is it the same type of switch?
I love my wheel-mounted button. And having the trigger arm bent about 90* at the elbow. Seems like a more rigid base to operate from. And the release action is a small movement.
I feel like my normal range of variation in R/T is fairly tight for a bottom bulber. Even more so when I am racing frequently.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!
June 05, 2019, 05:52 AM
Novacaine
I think location was the problem. The steering wheel seems to work better for no box the steering wheel seems to be a little slower. The dash one works faster for pro brake.