DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    brake line adapter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

brake line adapter
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted
Trying to find an adapter to connect my rear brake line to a Hurst line lock. I need 2 male 1/8 npt to a female 9/16-18 inverted flare.

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
9/16-18 sounds way to big?

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by diceman1530:
9/16-18 sounds way to big?

Front line is 1/2-20 and rear is 9/16-18. Here's the spec sheet https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-15103-m36317.aspx

Posts: 459 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
https://www.plews-edelmann.com...ulic-brake-fittings/

Check here
You may be able to reduce the master cylinder to 3/8 thread 3/16 line and use a 1/8 npt to 3/16 line fitting in line lock

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I looked at plews-edelmann a few days ago and couldn't find something easy but I plan to call them. This shouldn't be this difficult because the manual drum brake master cylinder for a bunch of GM cars has a 9/16-18 thread for the front brakes so an adapter to 1/8 pipe should be a fairly common part. Thanks for your help.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Check with jerry bickel race cars I believe that is where mine came from

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just lloked bickel does not have it but summit does

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
I've checked Summit and couldn't find them. I need 1/8 npt male to 9/16-18 inverted flare
female.

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've looked and couldn't find one. What size line are you using? I think if you're using 1/4" line you could use a smaller line nut on the side that goes to the line lock. Or, you can use an adapter on the MC to reduce the port size down to whatever size nut is on your line. As long as you can flare the line doesn't are what size nut is on it.

Posts: 1454 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Swing by Autofab. They have a bunch of adapters in the small bins (in case they don't remember where they are) Just have to go thru each one to see if they have what you need.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I've looked and couldn't find one. What size line are you using? I think if you're using 1/4" line you could use a smaller line nut on the side that goes to the line lock. Or, you can use an adapter on the MC to reduce the port size down to whatever size nut is on your line. As long as you can flare the line doesn't are what size nut is on it.

Yeah, I thought about doing that but I was hoping to not have to double flare the stainless steel line. I rarely have good results working with stainless.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Speedway has a ton of different fittings, it's where I buy that stuff.

Posts: 1108 | Location: OklahomaCity,OK | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ron Gusack
posted Hide Post
The Plews Edelmann guy dialed me in by using 2 adapters to get me what I need and Summit has them.

I'm gonna look at speedway too, thanks.