DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    11 Degree Dart Valve Spring Tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11 Degree Dart Valve Spring Tool
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Does anyone know the correct valve spring tool to change springs for an 11 degree dart head?

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check with DRC products

Posts: 8 | Location: Near Numidia | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://lsmproducts.com/collec...e-spring-compressors

Once you use theirs you'll never go back

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tony the LSM tool for spread port heads is what you want. In the meantime, if you ever need to change a spring at the track, I have everything you need, takes just a few minutes.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
X100 on the LSM tools they are great and very safe with today's spring presures.

Posts: 608 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Check Out Buxton Engineering.. they are in Indiana. Their tool is the best in my opinion.
We have 11 degree Darts. Their Format is a base tool and then a specific adapter to bolt to the rocker stand for intake or exhaust application.
The have the specific adapter for most other applications. I bought the base tool, spring pressure gauge, and the adapters for the Dart/Olds 14 degree and then when we went 11 degree we bought the intake adapter.. I have friends we race with who purchased the needed adapter for their Hemi or 18degree SBC.. Tool locks in place so you can safely remove keepers and then release the spring and remove it. With any on the head removal tool keeping the valve fully seated while compressing the spring is essential. Good Product, Good people to deal with

Posts: 228 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Buxton makes fine valve sprung tools, they are just not needed abs way out of the price point for most bracket racers.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I had an LSM for my old engine so that is what I will get. I tried the buxton but it didn’t fit.

Posts: 61 | Location: Long Island | Registered: February 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Also I did like the DRC but when I asked them they told me their tool won’t work on the 11 degree heads.

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I have the LSM as well and couldn't be happier with it. Works fantastic. Money well spent for the track tool box....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I keep an LSM in the trailer. I have space issues on the rear cylinders so I bought the T&D tool. The T&D handle is a little short so it made it difficult to hold. I took an old rod from a foosball table and cut it to length. It has a big wooden handle on it and slides right in the T&D handle. That gives me more leverage to control the spring. Hey whatever works.lol

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post