New
Find
Notify
Tools

golf cart help
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
any one work on golf carts? just got a cart has sat for 3 yrs started up with jump pack when I went to look at it figured great. installed new battery runs well in forward when I put it in reverse it starts and runs for 5 seconds then shuts off wont restart unless I put in neutral and back in reverse but same thing happens. this is a club car not positive on yr.

Thanks

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you are shorting out the ignition when you go to reverse. I would check the limit switches on the shifter and the wiring to see if the shifter is hitting something while in reverse.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
didn't say what cart. Some of the old 2 stroke stuff the engine runs backwards for reverse and it ain't totally uncommon for those to die while in reverse--because the ignition timing is, well, all fouled up while running backwards.

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
little update I found the micro switch on the selector switch faulty replaced switch good as new

Posts: 408 | Location: Bellingham MA | Registered: October 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post