DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Engine oil testing shoot out
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Engine oil testing shoot out
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
my lab tester is my racepak.I found out a huge difference in the way oils work inside my engine and i was amazed.
One particular brand that was highly touted on this website looked real bad on my racepak graphs.I posted all the data and everyone on here did not believe me lol

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I’d like to see the details of that. Was this something that showed in a time slip too?

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalie_Oil_Company
Here ya go..
all oils or just some?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d like to see the details of that. Was this something that showed in a time slip too?

i always ran lucas oil 20/50 with good looking numbers on the racepak...same day i switched to the other oil,same weight and number of quarts and the graph was shocking.i pulled it right out after 2 runs and all i had was brad penn to put back in and my graph went right back to normal.
i didnt even look at time slips i was so worried about pressure.
i will try and find the old thread

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
i always ran lucas oil 20/50 with good looking numbers on the racepak...

Same here, been running it since 2018.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I've been running Lucas 20/50 synthetic for the last 6 years.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
A good website with a lot of testing and information is: Bob the Oil Guy.

I use Schaeffers and Blackstone Labs for Used Oil Analysis. We have used probably three or four brands of oil over the years. Schaeffers Race Oil 40wt had provided the best UOA for use with methanol and least amount of metals showing up.

In the end, it's a free world, use what you want and be happy. What works for one and his engine clearances and power may not be the best for another engine. I do recommend Used Oil Analysis reports though. Cheap investment that can show "potential problems".

Good luck to all,

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Jok Are you using the #110 mm?
If so, they lowered the additive package around 2015 to comply with a gov regulation. You may of seen the P and Z drop in your test data?
On my last buy, I requested the old blend and they had no issue with that.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post