DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
https://youtu.be/5Fdhx6u-d5o
If I put radials on the Ripper it would go sub 1.20 60 ft.n/a home brew sbc

If your 1.27 now, I can't see you dropping that much just with a tire change. I've seen cars drop a tenth going to radials, but they were 11 second cars that were running tubed bias plys, and it was a tenth over 1/4 mile.

he won't, he's clueless having never run them.

That said, I have seen that too. slow cars, cars with jello sidewalls, cars with junk slicks, etc but make the swap to radial slicks on a car running the right bias tire, a car that works and you are not running anywhere near a tenth quicker and you will still have to dial in the shocks to optimize the tire. My firebird won't get off the starting line without dialing in the shocks if I just swap back to bias slicks.

FYI, a lighter weight tire will always 60 foot quicker which means it will ET quicker and radial slicks WILL raise your trap RPM by ~ 200

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
quote:
https://youtu.be/5Fdhx6u-d5o
If I put radials on the Ripper it would go sub 1.20 60 ft.n/a home brew sbc

If your 1.27 now, I can't see you dropping that much just with a tire change. I've seen cars drop a tenth going to radials, but they were 11 second cars that were running tubed bias plys, and it was a tenth over 1/4 mile.

he won't, he's clueless having never run them.

That said, I have seen that too. slow cars, cars with jello sidewalls, cars with junk slicks, etc but make the swap to radial slicks on a car running the right bias tire, a car that works and you are not running anywhere near a tenth quicker and you will still have to dial in the shocks to optimize the tire. My firebird won't get off the starting line without dialing in the shocks if I just swap back to bias slicks.

FYI, radial slicks WILL raise your trap RPM by ~ 200

I'm full of BS this morning, coffee kicked in. If everyone picks up a tenth on radials, that should tell you I'd slow down a tenth. I'm clueless adjusting shocks after all!!

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm full of BS this morning, everyone picks up a tenth on radials

Agreed you are this morning as you are everyday in everyone of your posts.

Felon mikey

and Bracket Talk too!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm clueless Edward

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
mikey you are and how many times do I have to regrettably inform you that your cutup shyt box with triple chrome plated bumpers and that god awful valance ain't nothing special?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yeah i know Edward BUT your engine builder hasn't anything 6.40 or slower high gear only, that'll run with this home brew mph n/a sbc @ 3250 lbs.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
FINALLY you admit it now finally admit you hit the cone and you will be set free from this burden you've carried far too long trying to convince everyone on every drag race message board that you were rob of a round win despite the undeniable proof that you did shown at 4:30...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...annel=PowerAutomedia

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it though Edward, nobody else's engine builder does either.

The only reason I can do it is because I'm clueless.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah i know Edward BUT your engine builder hasn't anything 6.40 or slower high gear only, that'll run with this home brew mph n/a sbc @ 3250 lbs.

Why do you always post partial time slips? And it appears you have 1 time slip with a 1.27 60' and 1 time slip showing you going 6.43 @ 112. Show me multiple time slips showing that and maybe I'll believe it wasn't a timing anomaly. I have a time slip of my old 8.90 Camaro going 172....

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
This is why, one of many such comments from YB were mikey has numerous screen names...

"I see three toe rietow found a bunch of idiots that swallow his line of bull shyt over at DRR.COM he is posting his pictures of the time bomb ultra street shyt bag engine that was supposed to make the world stop turning, I have been thinking about joining up over there and spoiling his fun, I wonder if they know he was responsible for over 10k posts in one thread alone, he was and always be a fucing attention hore that knows nothing and never will, if ignorance and bull shyt was money he could buy out bloomberg."

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
My haters on YB are bend over billy's such as yourself Edward, clowns who'd take it deep in the arse without a peep if a track official lied them out of a final round, 45 minutes after the other guy loaded up declared loser.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
no mikey, they are not and I am not. we all know you're a sick little man who desperately longs for attention on message boards signing in under countless alias in an attempt to be all knowing about everything racing, politics, the economy, the world, that needs medical intervention before you harm yourself due to this great injustice that you have dreamed up or the fact that we see right through your bull shyt...

the video at 4:30 is undeniable and indisputable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...annel=PowerAutomedia

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Edward your a bend over billy essentially admitting you'd bend over and take it deep in the arse by objecting to me not taking it up the arse, as you would completely ignore evidence you see with your own two eyes, without a peep you'd take it deep.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
mikey, you appear to have a penchant for men's arses, is this a result of your time spent incarcerated?

That said, I nor I'm sure no one here cares what you take or put up your arse. Your posts here though have made it clear you have been abusing your body with drugs and alcohol for a very long time so we are not surprise to read you engage in this harmful behavior too.

Get help man!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Edward, you'd bend over and take it deep up your arse on a make believe story 45 minutes later without a PEEP! You can see with your own eyes is make believe, still you'd take it DEEP!!

That makes you a bend over billy without a spine, un-American.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:

Why do you always post partial time slips? And it appears you have 1 time slip with a 1.27 60' and 1 time slip showing you going 6.43 @ 112. Show me multiple time slips showing that and maybe I'll believe it wasn't a timing anomaly. I have a time slip of my old 8.90 Camaro going 172....

The incrementals should tell you, or the numbers in the right lane on the slip. 4.22 330 ft is a middle 6.50 104 - 105 mph.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had one guy I talked camshafts 25-30 years from when he was at Comp Cams to Lunati to Bullet Cams named Richard Woods, he's putting out fires for an automotive parts manufacture no longer in the high performance industry, however he has turned us on to a new contact at Bullet Cams named Kirk, super nice guy. Talk with Kirk.

I recommend Bullet cams and Kirk is pretty sharp.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

I had one guy I talked camshafts 25-30 years from when he was at Comp Cams to Lunati to Bullet Cams named Richard Woods, he's putting out fires for an automotive parts manufacture no longer in the high performance industry, however he has turned us on to a new contact at Bullet Cams named Kirk, super nice guy. Talk with Kirk.

I recommend Bullet cams and Kirk is pretty sharp.

Yeah, I like the guy, cool. The owner of the engine was ready to pull the trigger on a Erson roller around 640 and 276, I told the guy hold up lets try this guy Kirk that Richard suggested. I called Kirk the next day and told him everything We had for a pump gas Saturday night hot rod, told him we need something easy on parts, he says this is a easy one and says this cam makes a lot of racket, he says you want it to make a lot of racket right? I chuckled and said yeah. He says this one will work with nitrous too, he says your gonna have nitrous right!? LoL! Cool guy sounds like he enjoys hot rodding.

A little street pump gas roller cam. He says oh yeah you'll like this one!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's actually a bad ass little sb. It's a Dart Sportsman Block 4.185 bore x 3.75 stroke Callies Magnum, Callies Ultra rods with a old Dart 23 heads ported 58cc probably flow 295 300. Should make 575 - 600hp.

66 Chevy II

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post