New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steward Lifters
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone on here have any experience with Steward Performance lifters? Rebuilding my bracket sbc and going to put new lifters in it. I have comps and they do not rebuild sbc any longer (I checked). I have done a fair amount of reading and I think I'm down to Morel or these and was looking for input. There is a ton of good information on Morels not much information on the Steward but what I have read has been positive. One design claim is their lifters have a larger axle and loads the wheel on more needles.

SBC. Dart SHP. Solid roller. This motor typically will never see anything over 7000-7200. Small roller .560/.585 (going off what was provided to me, original owner passed away). Open seat right around 600. I considered solid bushings but seems like overkill with my setup.

Any feedback on Stewards lifters is appreciated.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BG7X77:
Anyone on here have any experience with Steward Performance lifters? Rebuilding my bracket sbc and going to put new lifters in it. I have comps and they do not rebuild sbc any longer (I checked). I have done a fair amount of reading and I think I'm down to Morel or these and was looking for input. There is a ton of good information on Morels not much information on the Steward but what I have read has been positive. One design claim is their lifters have a larger axle and loads the wheel on more needles.

SBC. Dart SHP. Solid roller. This motor typically will never see anything over 7000-7200. Small roller .560/.585 (going off what was provided to me, original owner passed away). Open seat right around 600. I considered solid bushings but seems like overkill with my setup.

Any feedback on Stewards lifters is appreciated.

I wouldn't be afraid to try them, There's an attempt to revolutionize lifter technology built in them, .397 axle, 8 needle bearings loaded vs 3 with a .312 axle. How much are they sbc?

Obviously, the idea of the design is intended for more extreme environments than your combo presents.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
$700 a set.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
$700 a set.

I'm positive they've got R&D in far more extreme environments with combo's that present far more durability challenges than yours, as I said previously, design dictates. I've actually heard good things about them.

We have a 23 sbc with 1400 plus PSI open pressure, I may talk with him myself to see where he is with R&D. We have a set of morels in it now would like/ are planning on a set of jesels.

They won't be $700 for long, if they can live in our sbc, 1" lift. That's just kinda how it goes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's an idea actually, tell Steward you know a guy looking for a set of lifters for a 23 sbc with a 1" cam, you won't be lying. Ask him if they'll live in that environment.

If he says yes or even better yet no problem, break out your credit card, tell him you need a set for your sb too, while you have him on the phone. At the rate, $700 is a great deal for your combo.

It'll save me a call. Tell em it has real deal valve train, steel Jesel shaft rockers w/ ball adjusters (nitrous setup).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
With that seat force wouldn't you want solid bushings.

I was hoping someone had actually used them. Oh well.

BG

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was hoping someone had actually used them. Oh well.

Dig a groove in the lobe using a bushing lifter. You won't see bushing lifters in Pro Stock using similar pressures as ours, for this reason.

Take a look at a set of Crower needles, that's what i've always ran. No matter what you run, ya gotta be good at catching them when they go bad, before they explode.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You should look at BAM also, DLC coated big axle bushing type.

Posts: 11 | Location: Lower Michigan | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Look at a set of Mantons

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We just received a set of .120 wall 5/16 Steward sbc pushrods for a Saturday night street race 67 Chevy II.

They look supreme.

I think we're gonna speak with him about lifters NEXT, maybe. See where he's at w/r&d on 1" lift sbc camshafts.

Saved a little money on these pushrods, prompt service too. Keeping money close to home.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Definitely not!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good to hear on the pushrods. I'm leaning towards these. Dropping motor off this weekend so we will see what the builder thinks. He typically does Morels but I told him to check Stewards out.

BG

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good to hear on the pushrods. I'm leaning towards these. Dropping motor off this weekend so we will see what the builder thinks. He typically does Morels but I told him to check Stewards out.

We're seriously considering them ourselves. He took our order from the Gatornationals Thursday, we got them Saturday. We usually buy from Manton, I suggested to the engines owner lets call Steward, keep the money in the neighborhood. We just need to have a conversation with him in regards to the lifters for our application is as extreme as any, anywhere sbc. Either way we're gonna be doing some biz with Mr. Steward in the future, keep it close to home.

Thanks for throwing his name up, I had forgotten about his services, nearby!