DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer Tires, Time for New Ones
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Trailer Tires, Time for New Ones
 Login/Join
 
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again you are Wrong with your clueless statements.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You should be discussing why your elected officials offshored American prosperity / production to china, while reflecting on your consent, in voting.

That would be an intelligent approach.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Mike, I’m good at writing. Whether it’s NHRA, state, feds or local. If it’s wrong they hear from me! That red dot in Ca ? That’s me in a sea of blue.. voting red in Ca is useless..but I still vote..


Sorry TD1964! Derailed..


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4428 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Mike, I’m good at writing. Whether it’s NHRA, state, feds or local. If it’s wrong they hear from me! That red dot in Ca ? That’s me in a sea of blue.. voting red in Ca is useless..but I still vote..


Sorry TD1964! Derailed..


I'm a modern day Archie Bunker and the most conservative in the room. I don't consent to any of this Bullchit.

My haters are libtards who do. It don't matter how you vote.

Your actions speak louder than your vote.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
To adapt is to consent.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
Just took off my 8 year old Westlakes that came on my Intech and installed Goodyear endurance tires. They were $168ea about $50 more than the cheap Chinese ones my tire company sells. We will see how they hold up. ST235/80R16’s


Ken
 
Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 369dragster:
Just took off my 8 year old Westlakes that came on my Intech and installed Goodyear endurance tires. They were $168ea about $50 more than the cheap Chinese ones my tire company sells. We will see how they hold up. ST235/80R16’s


I have that exact tire. You won't be disappointed.
 
Posts: 628 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
$50 a tire means everything to the anti American, communist supporting, Walmart shopping, chinese junk buying, broke dyck crowd here.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Adapt, adapt, adapt, adapt ... communism

We're adapting our way to third world civilization banana republic satanism, now I hear gender reassignment is a benefit offered by the military to enlist. It's a real life freak show, Twilight Zone Peeksville USA.

I order AC Delco factory replacement TPMS valve stems for my truck to get the idiot lights from flashing service your TPMS monitering system, and this is what shows up.

It's getting worse, not better. The only thing we produce is stimulants checks to fund china. This ship is sinking.

I'm about ready to sell all this garbage I have truck trailer and Nova, to not participate in feeding the BEAST.

Move out in the sticks grow my own food. I ain't playing this stupid communist chit much longer.



This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
$50 a tire means everything to the anti American, communist supporting, Walmart shopping, chinese junk buying, broke dyck crowd here.


Wrong again Ed. Quality is not less! Better check your closet, house, Truck/trailer and race car..
You are not as compliant as you think..

What syndrome do you have that tells you to call folks ; B-D, communists and anti american ? Does it make you feel powerful and big? It’s a form of bullying and should not be tolerated.. Stop

To be informative and share knowledge is one thing. To be a complete A Z Z is another.

Like I said before, there are V E R Y talented guys and gals on here that chose to fab/build/tune their own class cars, engines and trans. My hats off to them! You will not change who or where they buy from.


Raceless in California!
 
Posts: 4428 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:


Like I said before, there are V E R Y talented guys and gals on here that chose to fab/build/tune their own class cars, engines and trans. My hats off to them! You will not change who or where they buy from.


This is so true. I am more impressed with those who build their car themselves than those who write a check for it. On my stuff I did everything I could myself and it is not because of money as I have spent a lot on it but it is because it is mine. I built it, I drive it and win or lose is on me.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 3930 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Curly cue has no respect for the thousands of racers, amongst them the who’s who of bracket and class racing, world champions, division champions, Million winners that are writing checks right now to their engine builders, carb builder, trans builder, chassis builder. What a moron!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Not to interrupt anyone buy my vote is for the Goodyear Endurance, much improved over the Marathon. And yes I bought 7 new ones in late 2019 for my trailer



WiredTwoWin race car wiring



 
Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
USA
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
My vote is for light truck tires of the appropriate load rating. I had two belt separations on the GY Endurance tires on the way home from the manufacturer last year.

I'm currently using Sumotomo 235 85R/16 tires. My tandem axle trailer carries 9400 lbs on the axles fully loaded.


nomad
Bruce Guertin


Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.


Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781
 
Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Truck tires I run Michelin. The guy with the blue chevy II blew a left rear tire on his 3/4 ton pulling a 32ft trailer on the way home from lights out after not qualifying, jackknifed the trailer. Good thing the Good Lord was riding with him & he didn't give up, it could have been A LOT worse.

Bent the reese hitch, bent the reese hitch receiver bolted to the frame of the truck, shredded tire broke the driver side mirror and the jacknifed trailer did 5-6-7k damage down the driver side, of the truck.

I've never seen anyone jackknife a trailer over a trailer tire. The guy following him said the trailer was up on two wheels almost went over.

Time to do a thread on truck tires. I run Michelin.


This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Truck tires I run Michelin. The guy with the blue chevy II blew a left rear tire on his 3/4 ton pulling a 32ft trailer on the way home from lights out after not qualifying, jackknifed the trailer. Good thing the Good Lord was riding with him & he didn't give up, it could have been A LOT worse.

Bent the reese hitch, bent the reese hitch receiver bolted to the frame of the truck, shredded tire broke the driver side mirror and the jacknifed trailer did 5-6-7k damage down the driver side, of the truck.

I've never seen anyone jackknife a trailer over a trailer tire. The guy following him said the trailer was up on two wheels almost went over.

Time to do a thread on truck tires. I run Michelin.


Mike, I replace trailer tires every 5 years to include the spare. Don’t care the mileage (although I do 10k+ a yr now).

Same with my truck. 5 years max and new (Made in USA, pick any brand) tires to include the spare. I put new Michelins on last yr after 4 yrs and 90k miles, over half of it towing. The truck will be 10 yrs old in April.

The never used 5 yr old spare truck tire is getting replaced next month with the correct size/ load rating. It’s SHOT imho. If I’m towing and have a tire failure on my truck, I want to know that the spare tire is of equal or better condition to the tires on the truck when replacing and continuing my tow.

I do the same with the SUV my wife drives. Cheap insurance.
 
Posts: 2392 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
Truck tires I run Michelin. The guy with the blue chevy II blew a left rear tire on his 3/4 ton pulling a 32ft trailer on the way home from lights out after not qualifying, jackknifed the trailer. Good thing the Good Lord was riding with him & he didn't give up, it could have been A LOT worse.

Bent the reese hitch, bent the reese hitch receiver bolted to the frame of the truck, shredded tire broke the driver side mirror and the jacknifed trailer did 5-6-7k damage down the driver side, of the truck.

I've never seen anyone jackknife a trailer over a trailer tire. The guy following him said the trailer was up on two wheels almost went over.

Time to do a thread on truck tires. I run Michelin.


Mike, I replace trailer tires every 5 years to include the spare. Don’t care the mileage (although I do 10k+ a yr now).

Same with my truck. 5 years max and new (Made in USA, pick any brand) tires to include the spare. I put new Michelins on last yr after 4 yrs and 90k miles, over half of it towing. The truck will be 10 yrs old in April.

The never used 5 yr old spare truck tire is getting replaced next month with the correct size/ load rating. It’s SHOT imho. If I’m towing and have a tire failure on my truck, I want to know that the spare tire is of equal or better condition to the tires on the truck when replacing and continuing my tow.

I do the same with the SUV my wife drives. Cheap insurance.


Stay on it brother man, I've jackknifed one myself, it's a hell ride.

It'll wake ya up though. My friend with the Chevy II is making BIG changes as we speak, in his approach to towing.
 
Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I am going to say it again I think much of the problems with trailer tires and even truck tires is not heavy duty enough load rating for what you are doing.

Many trailer manufacturers put too light of a load range tire on there from the factory.

Tires will fail when they get old, if they are ran too low air pressure or if they are too light of load range.

My 34 foot trailer originally had 6 of the load range D. I lost some fairly new tires and put 14 ply load range G tires on there at 110 PSI. No problems since.

That is another reason I like a dually truck you have the load spread over 4 tires in the back instead of two and that reduces the stress on them.

All I really care about here getting tires that will hold up for what we are doing with out blowing out and tearing up stuff.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 3930 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I am going to say it again I think much of the problems with trailer tires and even truck tires is not heavy duty enough load rating for what you are doing.

Many trailer manufacturers put too light of a load range tire on there from the factory.

Tires will fail when they get old, if they are ran too low air pressure or if they are too light of load range.

My 34 foot trailer originally had 6 of the load range D. I lost some fairly new tires and put 14 ply load range G tires on there at 110 PSI. No problems since.



You have said this a few times. I am curious to know the specifics. 6 load range D tires will typically get you close to 15k pounds on the axles. What is the rating of your axles? I'm not saying you are wrong, but I do have a hard time believing a legit trailer manufacturer or dealer is letting a trailer leave with tires that do not meet the weight rating. Now... they are letting them go with crappy tires overall though.

Edit to add... What is the dry weight and the GVWR of your trailer?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: head gamez,


Mikey
 
Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Tech Talk - by Abruzzi    Trailer Tires, Time for New Ones

© DragRaceResults.com 2024